Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD on old model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I have a 2017 model S with FSD, did the computer update, but has been in beta queue for almost a year, wondering if other s in similar situation

Thanks
Welcome to the club. Currently there is no one with MCU 1 that has received FSD beta. The hand full that received it back in 2022 had it pulled about three weeks later. It looks like contrary to Teslas position that MCU has nothing to do with FSD, The MCU 1 is incompatible with the current FSD beta.

• Informative
Reactions: Bigriver
To get FSD on your car right now you need all of the following:

* Infotainment upgrade from MCU1 to MCU2 - this is a paid upgrade not related to the free MCU1 eMMC recall
* Autopilot computer upgrade to HW3 - this should be free if you paid for FSD
* Autopilot camera upgrades - if your car was produced before August 2017 (originally shipped with AP 2.0), you need new cameras. This should also be free if you bought the FSD package.

Until you've done all of these things, you'll keep waiting (potentially indefinitely).

• Informative
Reactions: vapor trail
Model X 100D March 2017. I paid for the MCU3 upgrade, got the free HW3 computer and finally got the camera upgrade. Had to wait through all the Safety score stuff, but finally installed FSD beta a year ago. It took a couple of requests to get the cameras, and they had to come back and actually replace the front camera, I don't think I ever received an invitation for the upgrades.

Sounds like you need to schedule the camera upgrade.

Ok. So that's an MCU1 software release, which means we can assume you haven't purchased the infotainment upgrade despite your not answering that question.

Nobody with MCU1 is getting FSD releases right now. They may never get them. So like I said above, if you want FSD right now you need to buy the infotainment upgrade. There is no other way. Pay up or keep waiting.

Nobody with MCU1 is getting FSD releases right now. They may never get them. So like I said above, if you want FSD right now you need to buy the infotainment upgrade. There is no other way. Pay up or keep waiting.
Well, what was this thread all about, then?
Seems like someone with MCU1 has FSD-beta installed... and that was back in July of last year.

Well, what was this thread all about, then?
Seems like someone with MCU1 has FSD-beta installed... and that was back in July of last year.
You'll notice that OP is still on that release branch and still waiting to be "accepted" into the program...

They aren't accepting anyone. It's been at a complete stand-still for like a year. Nothing is happening.