Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Feedback from my loaner experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So got a loaner today full self driving….was expecting all my life’s ills to be solved from what members on here have said countless of times…

Full self driving was supposedly a better driver than themselves…I guess maybe compared to a really low standard.

Yet it’s basically the same just changes lanes semi clumsily and stops at red lights stop signs….

Supposedly full self driving is super aware of things around it, yet all it did was stay center in lane with a truck right next to me encroaching my lane.

On off ramps it just tries to murder you as it sometimes keeps the same speed limit and tries to take a turn at 70 mph.

A car came really close near me side by side think I’ll just stay where I am…instead as some claimed the car would move over in lane a bit…

Are these Tesla employees just trying to upsell unknowing customers or are people just delusional and in denial because maybe they payed so much money for full self driving? The vast amount of disinformation here is truly frightening, like the no car never phantom brakes, to seeing countless threads and experiencing it myself close to a hundred times in high temperatures.

Latest beta update according to the car as of 1 day ago.

At this rate looks like autonomous driving for Tesla is going to be a total pipe dream….

It’s so utterly basic in every sense. Meanwhile Waymo has actual cars driving themselves on city streets.

End Rant

• Informative
Reactions: GeoX750
I'd say there are more naysayers here who are constantly complaining about FSD beta vs people who praise it as heaven sent. In fact, no one really ever says the latter here in the AI/FSD/Autopilot forum. However, in the investment forum/thread, there are people who seem to genuinely believe Robotaxi is coming by end of this year. (Or they could just be knowingly lying to try to pump up the stock price)

Also, not that it matter much for this discussion but were you on FSD beta or non-beta FSD?

FSD beta I’m going to test it out next few days. Tested out city feature total disaster in high traffic areas without a lot of activity.

I mean it got you there but would I trust it def not, def not ready for prime time it just seemed either to cautious or outright totally confused.

It was supposed to make a left with another car coming so it decided to go stop then decided **** it I’m going and proceeded to slam on the juice and take the turn at 20mph lmao.

Going to test highway driving again as that’s where I think majority of the time will be spent, but even then would it be worth a $12-$15K upgrade? Probably not.

Especially with offerings like openPilot at $1200… that people can install in any pretty newish car.

But Robotaxi is a long long way anyway who thinks end of the year is delusional, unless musk yolos lol.

Also semi confused at why he opened up superchargers to his competition…. Literally the biggest competitive advantage of the only brand capable of long distance travel due to the super charger network…

Now basically every new electric car brand going forward will have access and people won’t be forced into Tesla out of long distance range anxiety fears.

His only remaining advantage is pricing and scale.

Anyway will update anything interesting with full beta.

Also something historical I decided to turn on auto pilot while parked on the street assuming the car would self park it’s way out onto the street.

Nah it just decided I’m going to try and pretend and basically tried to smash me into the car in front of me if I didn’t slam on the brakes lol.

• Informative
Tried city driving again yeah it’s totally useless it’s like giving a mentally challenged toddler the keys to drive.

I mean unless you got time to kill and want to get there in twice the time, potential fender benders and people just cursing honking at you.

Would assume works well in lightly populated areas anything with a few cars starts freaking out and gets overly conservative besides when it has the all clear and takes a turn at 25mph lol

• Informative
So got a loaner today full self driving….was expecting all my life’s ills to be solved from what members on here have said countless of times…

Full self driving was supposedly a better driver than themselves…I guess maybe compared to a really low standard.

Yet it’s basically the same just changes lanes semi clumsily and stops at red lights stop signs….

Supposedly full self driving is super aware of things around it, yet all it did was stay center in lane with a truck right next to me encroaching my lane.

On off ramps it just tries to murder you as it sometimes keeps the same speed limit and tries to take a turn at 70 mph.

A car came really close near me side by side think I’ll just stay where I am…instead as some claimed the car would move over in lane a bit…

Are these Tesla employees just trying to upsell unknowing customers or are people just delusional and in denial because maybe they payed so much money for full self driving? The vast amount of disinformation here is truly frightening, like the no car never phantom brakes, to seeing countless threads and experiencing it myself close to a hundred times in high temperatures.

Latest beta update according to the car as of 1 day ago.

At this rate looks like autonomous driving for Tesla is going to be a total pipe dream….

It’s so utterly basic in every sense. Meanwhile Waymo has actual cars driving themselves on city streets.

End Rant
This sounds like you weren't actually using FSD Beta. The highway performance of real FSDb is better than that.

Your car can be entitled to Full Self Driving (getting you autopark, summon and navigate on autopilot) but still not using the new FSDb stack.

I mean FSDb has a long way to go, but it does have better highway perf than that.

This sounds like you weren't actually using FSD Beta. The highway performance of real FSDb is better than that.

Your car can be entitled to Full Self Driving (getting you autopark, summon and navigate on autopilot) but still not using the new FSDb stack.

I mean FSDb has a long way to go, but it does have better highway perf than that.
I’m driving on city streets with auto pilot so it was, and it’s set to full FSD beta but I’ll be re-testing on my way back on the highway to Tesla