Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found the roadster in Malibu!...oh and it was BROKEN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ironically it was @Joe F and @scaesare who were the ones incapable of moving on hours after the conversation had died down? :D

Or, perhaps some of us do not spend every waking moment taking pot shots at Tesla in a majority of posts, and are catching up with the news "of the day" at the time it's encountered.

It's called balance, and helping people considering a Tesla purchase become aware that many negative reports here about Tesla are personal bias by a vocal few, and are not in their best interest in making good and educated purchasing decisions, IMHO.

It's called balance, and helping people considering a Tesla purchase become aware that many negative reports here about Tesla are personal bias by a vocal few, and are not in their best interest in making good and educated purchasing decisions, IMHO.

Well, can't argue with that type of opinion. :) If one dishes it out, one has to be able to take it.

That said, I wholly recommend buying the Roadster once available. I think it looks wicked cool.

He's from Connecticut, btw. ;)
Ahhhhhh yes.... the "Germany" of New England.... I wonder if he is from the Munich of Connecticut.....Stamford with its railway underground fashion shows straight out of Zoolander.... Franz is so hot right now.

images.jpg

A question for those of you familiar with US regulations, but how was it even legal to be driving it on public roads?

MFR plates allow you drive almost anything on the road.
Clarification: Car makers are issued a number of MFR designated license plates. These can be used on anything, but prototypes must wear them.

• Informative
Reactions: smac
I find the "didn't break down" explanation disingenious, but oh so typical of both Tesla and Electrek reporting.

One just can't say a Tesla prototype broke down and leave it at that. There has to be spin. The spin is IMO worse than the event which was a nothing-burger.

Now, I do believe they were able to diagnose and repair the problem and that the car drove on its own afterwards.
I think the "spin" is that something went wrong, but the mechanics did not break. The wrong part could have been human operation or computer programming. I would call a bug "break down", and bad human use would be considered "poor user interface". It's annoying that they spin it, though. I also am not concerned about it since it is a prototype.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
MFR plates allow you drive almost anything on the road.
Clarification: Car makers are issued a number of MFR designated license plates. These can be used on anything, but prototypes must wear them.

Here in Europe, the minimum requirements apply to all vehicles (even one offs, which must be independently verified for things like mirrors, lights, leading edge radiuses, etc. etc.) so you may see prototypes on the road before they are fully approved for general sale, but they would need to meet a minimum for the safety of other road users irrespective of how they were registered (they can and do use "trade plates").

I'm still surprised. One has to question if it is sensible, even if legal, to drive a car on public roads with no side mirrors. Manufacturers plate or not. Surely they could have fitted something to the car if it was for genuine testing purposes.