Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First time charging - range question on MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A "D" in the 8th position would be for a Single Motor - Standard or Performance Model Y; "E" is for a Dual Motor - Standard Model Y; F is for a Dual Motor - Performance Model Y.
Agreed, so isn't the lowest range ("D") model Y only sold with a single motor?

As the eight digit in the VIN is an "E" that means OP has dual motors -> I thought the dual motor was only available on the MYLR and MYP...

Which letter stands for the Dual Motor - Long Range Model Y?
The 8th position letter "E".

"D" (in the 8th position) is for a Single Motor - Standard or Performance Model Y (To date Tesla has not released a Single Motor (RWD) Performance Model Y)
"E" is for a Dual Motor - Standard Model Y (does not specify range or battery type and capacity; this code applies to any Dual Motor non-Performance Model Y)
"F" is for a Dual Motor - Performance Model Y.

Try the Teslatap VIN decoder: Teslatap VIN Decoder

Agreed, so isn't the lowest range ("D") model Y only sold with a single motor?

As the eight digit in the VIN is an "E" that means OP has dual motors -> I thought the dual motor was only available on the MYLR and MYP...
This is only recently like less than 1 week ago. Highly doubt anyone has a RWD Model Y yet in the US from a recent new order.

Quick update to keep everyone posted - I got a lawyer to send a demand letter seeking the difference in price for LR and SR - I am going to keep the car and see if I can get the difference so I can pay that towards the loan. More to follow - the lawyer said it could take a few weeks and that was only Friday of last week.

Quick update to keep everyone posted - I got a lawyer to send a demand letter seeking the difference in price for LR and SR - I am going to keep the car and see if I can get the difference so I can pay that towards the loan. More to follow - the lawyer said it could take a few weeks and that was only Friday of last week.
I would try to add the lawyer cost to the refund. Sounds only fair, it was their mistake, and them not trying to fix it the nice way. 👍🏻

Again good luck to you. What happened here and how Carvana handled it is bs.

Last edited: