Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Long Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my new Model 3 RWD for a long trip today. It wasn't too far. Just drove from Atlanta to Birmingham (AL) for a meeting. At 171 miles one way, the car made the journey over just fine, I work for the local power company, and I know that in our Atlanta office, they have free charging for employees. I didn't know that Alabama had made it that far yet, and wasted the first few hours of my meeting. Moved the car down to the basement for a free recharge during the lunch break, but it wasn't enough to make it all the way back home after a couple of hours of (yawn) afternoon session. Stopped by a Buc-ees supercharger setup along the way, as it's the place to hang out when trying to kill an half hour. Made it all the way back home in one piece. I wish I had FSD, as the drive home was brutal during some stretches, but AutoPilot kept me alive, Definitely one of the best ways to get there and back, and then expense the mileage at the IRS rate :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce4000