Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Crash - What do I do?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be very surprised if you manage to obtain a loaner Tesla. My Model S is in the shop due to an accident that was someone else's fault and the best their insurance company would provide was a "luxury sedan," which they define as a Toyota Avalon.

Eh, im cruising around in a Ford Fiesta while my S gets a quarter panel replaced. I didn't talk to the insurance company about getting something nicer. I figure any car is going to be crappy compared to my S, and i don't want to pay for gas in a large sedan.

I do wonder about fuel reimbursement since I won't be driving my EV.

the damage, from my guess, is bumper, fender, under bumper lip, and a wheel. Also the car pulls slightly right...

The other persons insurance company is supposed to be calling me today. my insurance company already gave me their name and phone number.

So far esurance has been awesome to me. (my company).

Yea, I won't go all eco-nut on anyone, but I do like driving my EV. Since I have the other car, I don't want the hassle of a loaner with any possible issues/collision/insurance/etc. I'll just drive my own. Will be the most it's been driven in a month! lol.

Realisticly there is no diminished value on your car. The bumper will be replaced with a new one, and the rest of the damage is very minor and won't ever effect the performance or appearance of the car. As long as you have pictures of the damage a buyer wouldn't have a legitimate claim that it hurts the value of the car.

Diminished value is really meant more for frame damage or more severe accidents that could have possible future implications even if repaired correctly.

I was kind of thinking that as well, and agree a reasonable person would arrive at the same conclusion. However, (sadly) I'm not sure we always live in a reasonable world... if someone says Hey that one's been in an accident, and that other one hasn't... so I'm only going to give you $2k less than the identical non-wrecked one... that's real world cost impact of the situation...

So... the other guy's insurance adjuster comes out. Takes photos, writes crap down. Calls me 2 hours later.

they don't have "Tesla" in their system, and will now have to have another inspector come out. waste my freaking time. where's the reimbursement for that?