Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After yesterdays evenings 4.2Gb download, Nothing else has been downloaded before, under and after the 2.50.114 update. Looked at my wifi/LTE router in the car still stand at the same download amount. I haven't been out to the car after I went out to start the update. So I don't know if the maps have been updated as well, as the display only showed the update time choices. Car has been sitting in the garage since Wednesday so no geofencing.

PerS

4GB sounds like the size of the new maps update. Did you get that too?

Since when are you not able to remove charging locations? 8.0?

Yes. That's when Tesla changed the UI for locating chargers on the map screen. With the old UI (7.1 and earlier) you could erase locations where you had charged before. The new UI doesn't allow you to do that, at least as far as anyone here has been able to determine.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Yes. That's when Tesla changed the UI for locating chargers on the map screen. With the old UI (7.1 and earlier) you could erase locations where you had charged before. The new UI doesn't allow you to do that, at least as far as anyone here has been able to determine.

Bruce.

I was not aware, hadn't had the need too since I was in 8.

Just installed 2.50.114 and found they appear to have broken the USB library for compilations again - I have an album entry for each artist on the actual album. Tried a reset and a different stick with same results. Anyone else got this?

I have the update and can try to check, but I'm not sure exactly what it is that you want me to check. Can you spell it out for me with a little more detail?

Thanks!

Just installed 2.50.114 and found they appear to have broken the USB library for compilations again - I have an album entry for each artist on the actual album. Tried a reset and a different stick with same results. Anyone else got this?
Suggest you post USB challenges and observations in the primary thread for that purpose so it does not get lost in this way-too-long-and-broad-subject thread: Comprehensive USB Bug List

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
A lot of people are writing about the maps update, and receiving large downloads, but no update notification.

As I recall, the last time there was a fairly widespread maps update, people determined that the update could take quite a bit of time--days even--to process. Some of the evidence of this was people who were parked out and about--with no WiFi access--when they received notification of their maps update. They had actually received it some time before that, but it had been being processed.

So, for those who have seen large downloads, but no notification yet of the maps update, do not fret, as it is almost certainly coming soon!

As others have mentioned, not a fan of change to opening of driver door. Much rather be able to double click and open just driver's door vs. auto open. I am in favor of additional double click to open passenger door however.

My USB stick works great and often (not always), will be available upon starting the vehicle.

XM still a mess with only single channel scroll (called XM for a refresh & used Bert's car reset to no avail)....oh well.

As others have mentioned, not a fan of change to opening of driver door. Much rather be able to double click and open just driver's door vs. auto open. I am in favor of additional double click to open passenger door however.

My USB stick works great and often (not always), will be available upon starting the vehicle.

XM still a mess with only single channel scroll (called XM for a refresh & used Bert's car reset to no avail)....oh well.

You realize this is a Model S forum, right? Did you actually mean to post in a Model X 8.0 thread? :)

A lot of people are writing about the maps update, and receiving large downloads, but no update notification.

As I recall, the last time there was a fairly widespread maps update, people determined that the update could take quite a bit of time--days even--to process. Some of the evidence of this was people who were parked out and about--with no WiFi access--when they received notification of their maps update. They had actually received it some time before that, but it had been being processed.

So, for those who have seen large downloads, but no notification yet of the maps update, do not fret, as it is almost certainly coming soon!
Also, I've received maps without any notification. The only way I knew was from people on this forum pointing out the subtle changes or having my SvC log in to my car and check for me. Others have reported the same thing. So just because you haven't got the notification doesn't necessarily mean you didn't get the new maps.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100

Bruce.

Hi Bruce, you can delete every Superchargers location from the list: Just keep your finger on the desired supercharger and then you will get an "X" on the right end of your selection. Hit the "X" and the location will be deleted from the list.

Hi Bruce, you can delete every Superchargers location from the list: Just keep your finger on the desired supercharger and then you will get an "X" on the right end of your selection. Hit the "X" and the location will be deleted from the list.

Um, are you sure about that. It wouldn't make sense to me for Tesla to allow any Supercharger to be removed from the Nav by the user.