Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh! I guess I didn't know you could add favorites that way prior to 8.

The "hold steering wheel" message is now accompanied with a bright flashing ring around the entire IC that starts off slow and picks up speed if you ignore it. Seems to always get my attention even during the day, that was a good UI move.

The Media player is pissing me off. I have about 8G of music, and scrolling through the list to get to the one name, especailly if it's toward the bottom, is an excecise in frustration. C'mon Tesla, don't you guys use this? The scrolling is horrible and you end up accidentally clicking and then have to back out and start over. Where's the quick-jump by first letter?

There are a few bugs in the SpC routing too, it's not foolproof, but at least it no longer tells me to turn around and go back after I just left a station. The map pops up over the top icons automatically, you cannot stop it, so you have to press the top and then wait a second before it drops back down to reveal the icons. They left a few that show through, such as the "T", the time, the Lock icon, etc, but no cell status which I need when on a road trip in the boonies.

So at least they released 2.36 so we can roll back to 7.1 if needed. 8.0 is no longer a point of no return.

Yes, the Tegra3 has a hard life in the CID. It works hard, I doubt there is a lot left to do high-res map rendering. You just wouldn't believe how much code there is and how much is going on in the background. It's a complex beast!

@Ingineer whats your interpretation of Elon's "Release will be gradual to make sure there aren't small regressions. Many car configs, many environments"? Gradual as in a few days, a week? I am unfamiliar with s/w regression analysis to determine game on for all. I was surprised to see 2.36 still rolling out today.....almost a week since it started.

He's just telling us what we already know. One car will get it right away, while another one with the same exact config built on the same day won't get it until 2 weeks later. That's just how it works, and I believe it's more or less random within some bounds.

They have the server resources to update the whole fleet within a few days if they want to, but that's a lot! Don't expect all cars in the fleet to have 8.0 for at least a few weeks. Sorry if that last car happens to be yours!

He's just telling us what we already know. One car will get it right away, while another one with the same exact config built on the same day won't get it until 2 weeks later. That's just how it works, and I believe it's more or less random within some bounds.

They have the server resources to update the whole fleet within a few days if they want to, but that's a lot! Don't expect all cars in the fleet to have 8.0 for at least a few weeks. Sorry if that last car happens to be yours!

But it seems that nobody got the update yet.

eI have been helping people with salvage and out-of-market cars for awhile now. These are cars that Tesla will not work on or support. I provide what Tesla wont, including a remote access application that does everything the offical one does and a lot more, such as access to all the car's data. My system will send out emails and/or text messages for alerts such as a new software version. If the server sees a version it hasn't it lets me know the same way. I respect the privacy of my clients, so I don't monitor individual cars.

Nooit gedacht ooit dit soort dingen te doen. Ik heb het voordeel dat ik dicht bij Tesla woon dus nu sta ik daar even aan de Supercharger en benieuwd straks of hij iets voor mij heeft kunnen vinden. De laatste twee keer dat ik hier was had ik toen ik thuiskwam het stopwatchje maar het kan natuurlijk zijn dat ik nog niet in de "lijn" sta. Maar niet geschoten is altijd mis :) en dan in ieder geval weer wat kilometers er bij. Benieuwd wat er gebeurd als het werkt en ik meld dat straks. Kan dan wel eens behoorlijk druk worden bij de diverse SeC :) Maar eerst maar even afwachten.

Ik had gisteren een gesprek met iemand over de Tesla. Toen ik hem vertelde dat ik vol spanning zat te wachten op de V8 van Tesla zat hij me erg glazig aan te kijken. Ik snapte niet goed waarom, tot ik me realiseerde dat voor de gemiddelde autoliefhebber 'V8' toch echt iets anders betekent.. Hij vroeg zich al af waarom er een 8 cylinder elektrische auto aan zat te komen. :)

Volgens Electrek is de rollout van V8 begonnen.

Echer in het artikel staat ook het volgende:
  • Below 45 mph
    • ‘Hold Steering Wheel’ alert after 5 minutes on a straight road.
    • If there are curves on the road, the system accounts for lateral acceleration so refer to over 45 mph.
  • Over 45 mph
    • ‘Hold Steering Wheel’ alert after 1 minute if no vehicle to follow.
    • ‘Hold Steering Wheel’ alert after 3 minutes if you are tracking a car in front
Wie vindt dit een goed systeem?
Ik hou meestal mijn hand losjes op het stuur, maar krijg dan nog altijd af en toe de 'Hold Steering Wheel' boodschap. Blijkbaar moet je echt wel het stuur goed vastnemen of af en toe wat 'wiegelen'. In V8 moet je dat dan elke minuut doen, nou moe. Ik hoop dat het in de praktijk beter werkt als hier omschreven. Ik zal maar wachten om V8 te installeren tot er al wat feedback is van de eerste gebruikers.

Reactions: CJA Hulskamp
If we look back at how the "Patch" 2.36.31 was rolled out....
Less than 1% got it on day one, the 17th
26% received it on the 18th
31% were in luck on the 19th
24% stopped gnashing their teeth on the 20th
17% finally felt the love on the 21st
and a few strays are smiling today the 22nd

I suspect the 8.0 rollout will be more gradual, they do not want a service center chaos episode at quarter end. From what I have seen, all hands are devoted to car prep and delivery.

Good news is that the Tesla iPhone APP has an update, probably in prep for new 8.0 functions?

(Firmware Tracker)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: techmaven