Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm leaning more to it being the software ON the MCU rather than the hardware itself as the reason why it's so slow, laggy and needs to be rebooted often. Memory leaks, inefficient coding, etc, can all be contributing factors.

^^ this

My MCU sped up after deleting a bunch of navigation destinations (a hundred or so). I'm leaning towards sloppy programming. First of all, a list of navigation destinations should have zero impact on performance, but the fact that Tesla doesn't put a practical limit on the navigation history to the detriment of performance shows me just how sloppy they can be.

A prime example of bad coding: Tesla's web browser. It's a totally unusable piece of sh*t.

When I took delivery of my car in 2013, there were no lag issues and I didn't have to reboot my computer for the first year of ownership. It was rock solid back then. Only after updating the software several times did I start experiencing wonky behavior requiring occasional reboots. My money is on the software.

Is het gewoon ook niet energiezuiniger om het interieur op een bepaalde temperatuur te houden dan na een uur stoppen een helemaal opgewarmd interieur te moeten afkoelen. Je merkt dat zelf ook als je op een stikhete dag uit je garage rijdt blijft de wagen lekker koel zonder veel inspanning, maar zet dan een half uur de airco af en je krijgt nooit meer dat gevoel terug omdat alle materialen intussen warm staan en dat krijg je niet met wat airco weg.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but a lot of those can be done in 7.1 I think?

I can set a favorite by long-pressing on the map and clicking on the "heart" icon associated with that pop-up address to add it to favorites (it can also be renamed).

Chargers can be brought up with a lightning bolt icon now I think? Any difference?

Regarding the press/swipe for home - that is obviously new. I've found I like the simple voice command "take me home" which works very well.

I was gonna say the same thing lol.

FYI to all who are commenting on seat belt positioning issues, I think its related to the new generation seats.

Refer to my post:
Difference between Multi-Pattern & Next Generation Seats?

PS The seatbelt adjuster I got from Amazon worked fine
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091OE6K6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah I have seats from April 2015, they weren't next gen seats but they're also a version old I believe.

It's not, unfortunately. Tesla's updates are currently still push only, where Tesla decides who gets what.

But since we're leaking 8.0 info, I'll express my dislike for it with one image:
apdisabled.png

I think the wording is wrong. It should say "Hold Steering Wheel and drive manually" given that you always have to hold steering wheel - in AP mode or not.

I think the wording is wrong. It should say "Hold Steering Wheel and drive manually" given that you always have to hold steering wheel - in AP mode or not.
I bet it was you who filed the APAR against "this page intentionally left blank" that led to IBM changing it to "this page intentionally left blank other than this notice".

Yippie!! As a CICS Systems Programmer/Engineer, this talk about IBM and APARs is making me feel like a kid at Disney World!
Yeah, well, as that same sorta guy as a customer more than 35 years ago, then working for Big Blue more than 30 years, I couldn't agree more. I saw @jgs reference "APAR", and well, knew there were still people keeping the spirit alive. ;)

Reactions: scottf200 and jgs
So I got the 8.0 update download and installed (no longer the icon for start schedule update, notification from MyTesla app). When I go to the car it's still on 7.x.

What am I missing? This is my first Tesla update and Google results aren't helping me / coming back with just stories about the update(s).