Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the v8 interface SUCKS too. (Ya, all caps works for me.) I keep going to the store/service center to play around with it, but I cannot convince myself to allow the install. I'd like the passenger-seat-keep-on feature, but that's not enough to justify the annoyances I keep finding.

• Love
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Here's my real life example from tonight:

I've had moved the slider to 100% to charge at the supercharger (no problem there) but early tonight I'm driving down the driveway at my cabin to charge and I need to slide it back to 90%. I have to stop and look close to find that small 90% line. In the old days, I barely had to take my eyes off the road. Not anymore. You can't just glance over and see 90% -- not me anyway.
Hi, @Canuck , how I do this in v8 is to move the slider like 50% and then use the right arrow to move it from 50% to 90% in 10% increment.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
USB is now partly fixed and somewhat useable. My concern is about the lost of wi-fi connectivity when car is in drive. 3G is not always good but my phone has a better connection. I used to connect the car to my phone thru wi-fi. not possible anymore.

What will happen when 3G goes away? Also, when my 4 years of Tesla data plan finishes, I wanted to connect it thru my phone. Not possible anymore. As I need to use my phone for Waze ( Tesla navigation does not work properly for traffic and waypoints), I could easily connect my car to my phone and get rid of 3G.

I know there is a far remote possibility that someone could hack my connection and get some control of my car. I can live with that. I want the wi-fi capability back. I paid for this feature when I got the car and I want it back.

... My concern is about the lost of wi-fi connectivity when car is in drive. .... I used to connect the car to my phone thru wi-fi. not possible anymore.
... I want the wi-fi capability back. I paid for this feature when I got the car and I want it back.

Hi, I just saw this post - I'm surprised I had not heard of this earlier - is it true? Can you cite the source? I'm intrigued.

Last I heard $500+tax.

That's correct...just had it done for my car (as in I have the invoice sitting in front of me, but haven't picked up the car from the service center yet). So for me that's $547.50 out the door.

Yes, they have to pull the center screen out and replace the cellular daughter board. (I can't remember if they move your SIM to the new board, or if you get a new SIM.)

It includes a new SIM, so says my invoice.

More details here:

LTE upgrade is on the way

Bruce.

PS. Er, I have an AP-equipped S, not a Classic S, but I'm pretty sure that's irrelevant for purposes of this discussion.