Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, stupid of me; I read your original post and forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. A few other people in Britain have said on the speakev forum that they have the update and I'll post the gist of yours there for interest's sake.

It's a pity that the update doesn't have a reference of any sort, I think; the only indication seems to be the copyright 2016 statement.

Are you talking about the Google Maps copyright? If so that's not the same as the Navigon maps update date which, as far as I know, is not visible to users like us.

And now for the regular stats update...The pace of the reporting (or the roll-out) appears to have slowed down a bit. Only 15 new reports yesterday for a total of 184 by now - still the by far biggest roll-out after K.I.T.T. (2.9.154, the initial full 7.1 roll-out that many people still appear to be on).

It continues to look like a very broad roll-out with the only oddity being that we only have reports from the US, Canada and The Netherlands. None from Norway, yet. None from the rest of Europe or anywhere in Asia / Australia. Very unusual for so many reports to be restricted to only three countries.

If you have received 2.12.126 outside of those three countries (or see people from outside these three countries posting about having received it), I'd appreciate if people would report the update to Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

Hi, @dirkhh, I already entered firmware update to your app, and I'm from Asia (Japan). I got and installed the update on 25th.

I just confirmed that both my "classic" with dual chargers and my autopilot with dual chargers equipped cars indeed do not enable the second charger after installing the latest update. (2.12.126) I called Tesla motors technical support and they pulled the log from my autopilot car and could see indeed it was only using one charger even though it should have been using two. They said the service center will contact me tomorrow, I suspect we'll see an OTA update pretty quickly to fix this issue. I wonder how this one slipped by Software QA?

Last edited:
I just confirmed that both my "classic" with dual chargers and my autopilot with dual chargers equipped cars indeed do not enable the second charger after installing the latest update. (2.12.126) I called Tesla motors technical support and they pulled the log from my autopilot car and could see indeed it was only using one charger even though it should have been using two. They said the service center will contact me tomorrow, I suspect we'll see an OTA update pretty quickly to fix this issue. I wonder how this one slipped by Software QA?

Curious - is everyone with dual chargers having the problem or is it just a few of us?

Curious - is everyone with dual chargers having the problem or is it just a few of us?
My charging normally starts at 12AM and ends before I wake up each morning, so I have not paid attention to it. Just went out and manually initiated a charge after running errands. My S90D running 7.1 2.12.126 (since 2/26) with dual chargers and an 80A HPWC is also maxing out at 40A during a charge, even though the maximum available is still showing 80A. I have consistently seen charging as high as 79-80A for months before this after replacing a defective HPWC early on. I'll get a note off to [email protected] after this post to chime in with my problem as well.

I'm on 2.12.126 now and currently charging at 80A, so, seems to not be everyone.

Did you update from 2.9.x or 2.12.22 to 2.12.126? 2.12.45 is where the last charger firmware update came into play, so, if you had 2.12.45 already and didn't have the issue then, I'd be pretty confused.

I'm on 2.12.126 now and currently charging at 80A, so, seems to not be everyone.

Did you update from 2.9.x or 2.12.22 to 2.12.126? 2.12.45 is where the last charger firmware update came into play, so, if you had 2.12.45 already and didn't have the issue then, I'd be pretty confused.

FWIW my S90D was on 2.9.154 working fine with dual chargers at 80A before my update on the 26th. It seems to be limited to a single charger since moving to 2.12.126, and would be awful coincidental if several of us started having a hardware failure about the time of new firmware being introduced. I wonder if this has something to do firmware specific to Gen1 vs Gen2 Chargers? I was told I have Gen2 in my S90D.

I went from 2.9.154 -> 2.12.126

How about the P85 (wife's) - is it okay too?

Appears to be, yeah. She went from 2.9.154 to 2.12.126. She has gen1 chargers, my P85D has gen2. Both seem fine.

The charger firmware was in fact changed in 2.12.45 (so a jump from 2.9.154 to 2.12.126 would have included it). Not sure what changed, but it's definitely conceivable that something got botched for some people.

Mine went from 2.12.22 to 2.12.126 and I had the problem in both. I was hoping the update to .126 would fix it. I have an appt with service this week for the problem but I wonder if I should cancel it since it'll likely just be a firmware fix anyway.

Edit: the previous firmware I had (2.9.154) did not have this issue.

Those of you having the issue... maybe convince your service center or someone else to try a redeploy of your firmware? This would reflash any modules (charger included) that didn't take the latest update, and might fix the issue. Not sure if the service centers can do this remotely, although technically the ability to do so by Tesla is there.

Those of you having the issue... maybe convince your service center or someone else to try a redeploy of your firmware? This would reflash any modules (charger included) that didn't take the latest update, and might fix the issue. Not sure if the service centers can do this remotely, although technically the ability to do so by Tesla is there.

Whether it's a messed up module, bug or deployment issue or something else I saw some people in the Tesla Motors forum posting about the same issue.

I haven't had the opportunity to test my dual chargers at 2.12.45. But given the reports, I have not installed the software update pending on my car (got it the first day of 2.12.126 reports, so likely that). I may have to swing by the service center just to try it out and make sure they are still enabled on my car.

FWIW my S90D was on 2.9.154 working fine with dual chargers at 80A before my update on the 26th. It seems to be limited to a single charger since moving to 2.12.126, and would be awful coincidental if several of us started having a hardware failure about the time of new firmware being introduced. I wonder if this has something to do firmware specific to Gen1 vs Gen2 Chargers? I was told I have Gen2 in my S90D.
I received a reply email from Tech Support in just 2 hours ... problem has been opened with my local SC and I should be hearing from them soon (I suspect tomorrow, as they are closed on Sunday). I'll post back if I come up with new news should someone else not report back here first.

A few members, including myself, urged posters in Dutch 7.1 threads to contribute to Dirkhh's Web App.
So they did, apparently.

That's much appreciated!
I know that the same has been done in Norwegian forums in the past. Still, not a single report from Norway, UK, Germany. Very odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, @dirkhh, I already entered firmware update to your app, and I'm from Asia (Japan). I got and installed the update on 25th.

Thanks - I see that you specify Japan in the Notes section, but that isn't taken into account in the statistics. Could you update your country?
On the tracker, click on Home, then on the little pencil after the description of your car. That opens a new window where you can update the car data, including the country :)

Thanks

I haven't had the opportunity to test my dual chargers at 2.12.45. But given the reports, I have not installed the software update pending on my car (got it the first day of 2.12.126 reports, so likely that). I may have to swing by the service center just to try it out and make sure they are still enabled on my car.

I'm pretty sure 2.12.45 -> 2.12.126 doesn't update anything with the chargers, so, if you already have .45 you're not going to hurt anything. Worst case, if your charger didn't take the update before it'll try to redeploy to it when it sees it isn't up to date.