Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is coincidence. I called my local service center and they said that they don't even have access to the software yet -- let alone the ability to control pushes.
I actually agree that it's coincidence - but just for the record, I of course didn't just call the local service center. I know that they have nothing at all to do with the OTA rollout of firmware updates. And frankly, they'd be SHOCKED if I told them that I didn't want it, given how much in the past I have pestered them to get upgrades. Oh how things change.

With 73 reports on Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App, here are some results for today's 7.0 push:

• 73 total reports
  • 71 over WiFi
  • 2 over 3G
  • With the correction of what seems to be a data entry error, all updates have been to autopilot capable cars.

It seems that the priority is to autopilot capable cars connected via WiFi...

For those that have done the upgrade to 7.0, but have not reported at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App, I encourage you to enter your data soon. The shared info helps us all identify patterns in Tesla's update process.

Obviously, I'm not used to this forum method. I'm trying to do the above, but even though I'm signed in here, my handle isn't on the dropdown, and when I enter it manually, I only get an error.

Good lord this thread is growing fast...
Someone with AP...
1)Can you set any speed you wish with AP active or does it force you to follow the speed limit?
2)If you can set any speed (let's say you set for 85 in a 70) and the speed limit drops, does it keep you at 15 over the limit, or does it drop you to the speed limit, or does it keep you at 85MPH as you had set?
3)Some of the videos show drivers being very careful to not use lane change when there were cars approaching, but my understanding is that you can put the turn signal on at any time and the car will not attempt to change lanes until it is safe. Has anyone tested that out?
4)Some has to have tried to rig something to simulate having a hand on the wheel when there actually isn't...perhaps you can anonymously post your "solutions"/results?

Seat position is an asymmetrical problem:
* those leaving it in the Larger Person position do not cause a problem when Smaller Person is the next to drive.
* those leaving it in the Smaller Person position....well, I have to reach into the car, find the Large Screen and hit the AudubonB button just so I can have a seat!
My wife set up a profile called "Easy Out/In" that puts the seat down and back and the steering wheel up and forward. We use it when exiting the car. Then when the next person gets in to drive they select their custom profile. Simple solution.

* those leaving it in the Larger Person position do not cause a problem when Smaller Person is the next to drive.
* those leaving it in the Smaller Person position....well, I have to reach into the car, find the Large Screen and hit the AudubonB button just so I can have a seat!
You're not alone. My wife remembers about 1 in 3 times to move the seat back to my position. I'm about a foot taller than she is and can't really make it into the seat in her position.

Obviously, I'm not used to this forum method. I'm trying to do the above, but even though I'm signed in here, my handle isn't on the dropdown, and when I enter it manually, I only get an error.

The firmware tracker is not associated with TMC (here). You need to create an account there.

- - - Updated - - -

Harrumph.....

Yep. Same problem here, wife is about a foot shorter. After I drive, she can easily climb in. After she drives, I need to reach in to change settings before I can climb in.

My wife set up a profile called "Easy Out/In" that puts the seat down and back and the steering wheel up and forward. We use it when exiting the car. Then when the next person gets in to drive they select their custom profile. Simple solution.
This is indeed brilliant. I just wonder if my wife would remember this more often than switching it back to my setting.
My low tech solution? I got a reservation for a Model X for her. Assuming she likes it if (and when) we get to do a test drive (I'll give that a 50/50 chance), that will reduce the number of times I have to reach in from the open door and reset the seat :)

Someone with AP...
1)Can you set any speed you wish with AP active or does it force you to follow the speed limit?
2)If you can set any speed (let's say you set for 85 in a 70) and the speed limit drops, does it keep you at 15 over the limit, or does it drop you to the speed limit, or does it keep you at 85MPH as you had set?
3)Some of the videos show drivers being very careful to not use lane change when there were cars approaching, but my understanding is that you can put the turn signal on at any time and the car will not attempt to change lanes until it is safe. Has anyone tested that out?
4)Some has to have tried to rig something to simulate having a hand on the wheel when there actually isn't...perhaps you can anonymously post your "solutions"/results?

1. Any Speed
2. It seems to mimic TACC behavior. I wouldn't expect it to keep the same delta.
3/4 didn't try.

Harrumph.....

That happens every time I get in my mother's car. I can't even get into the seat first. I must stand outside the car while the seat moves back so I can get in.

No it will not stop the car completely if TACC is NOT on. The collision warning only reduces your speed by 25MPH (as per the manual for 6.2). I don't believe that's changed in 7.0.

"In the 7.0 release notes, it says that it will recognize stopped cars sooner" I believe is with TACC active.

Someone with AP...

1. You can set any speed you wish, and it will keep it at that speed.
3. I haven't tested specifically, but I think you are right that the car decides when it is safe, and then does it.
4. Not really convinced it would be a 'solution' to try to defeat the safety system Tesla has put in place, if that is what you mean. In fact I'm convinced it would be a really bad thing to do.

Someone with AP...

1. yes up to 90MPH
2. keeps speed you originally set
3. no death wish
4. no hand needs to be on the wheel unless there is a problem (doesn't know what to do)

1. You can set any speed you wish, and it will keep it at that speed.
3. I haven't tested specifically, but I think you are right that the car decides when it is safe, and then does it.
4. Not really convinced it would be a 'solution' to try to defeat the safety system Tesla has put in place, if that is what you mean. In fact I'm convinced it would be a really bad thing to do.
I concur that it is a bad idea...I'm also wise enough to know that just b/c it's a bad idea it's not going to stop it from happening. Frankly, I'm curious enough that if I had AP I'd start experimenting to see just what it took. I'm thinking some sort of elastic band/bungie cord wrapped around the steering wheel and shifter stalk might be just enough resistance to fool the torque measures but not inhibit the rotation of the steering wheel.

I concur that it is a bad idea...I'm also wise enough to know that just b/c it's a bad idea it's not going to stop it from happening. Frankly, I'm curious enough that if I had AP I'd start experimenting to see just what it took. I'm thinking some sort of elastic band/bungie cord wrapped around the steering wheel and shifter stalk might be just enough resistance to fool the torque measures but not inhibit the rotation of the steering wheel.

Yeah, I get you. Probably a lot of Tesla-type geeks wonder the same thing, me included. But it's still one of those things we probably shouldn't be saying 'out loud'. Tesla has enough to worry about already. Don't want to read any stories about some guy sleeping in the back seat...

99 owners have reported updates to 7.0... reminds me of the public radio fund raising drive... "just one more caller and we'll reach this hour's goal and return you to the regular NPR programming..."
Two non-AP cars so far, the rest AP. 80% 'D's. Mostly 60k VIN numbers (that's odd).