Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a very good reason all BMWs since at least 2000 have a clear "Black Ice" warning alert at 37F. Model S has no such warning or concern... Obviously "Designed in California"

;)

A good reason, really? I'm from Chicago, so no stranger at all to black ice. But I don't understand why a car would warn a driver about black ice just because it hits 37F. Sorry, but that would be as annoying as the car repeatedly saying "your door is ajar". Of all times where the temperature hits 37F, black ice conditions are probably only found in 0.05% of those. Talk about crying wolf...

This isn't a version 7 specific thing, but I wish Tesla would return the suspension setting to whatever I've selected after the car adjusts it for some reason.

For example, I like driving around town with the suspension set to "low". Occasionally I hop on a freeway for a couple of miles. When I exit, the suspension is in "standard". I have to manually set it to "low".

I don't remember if it does this after automatic raising for parking lot ramps, but I think it did.

Its annoying.

Perhaps the solution is to allow us to assign a normal setting for the suspension. I would choose "low" as the default.

This isn't a version 7 specific thing, but I wish Tesla would return the suspension setting to whatever I've selected after the car adjusts it for some reason.

For example, I like driving around town with the suspension set to "low". Occasionally I hop on a freeway for a couple of miles. When I exit, the suspension is in "standard". I have to manually set it to "low".

I don't remember if it does this after automatic raising for parking lot ramps, but I think it did.

Its annoying.

Perhaps the solution is to allow us to assign a normal setting for the suspension. I would choose "low" as the default.

Can't you just set the speed-setting for LOW to something slow? (Or is there a 55mph lower limit, can't remember...)

They've replaced it as an app, according to sources. Here's a leaked photo of the new thermometer.

View attachment 95149

I think there is way too much information presented in that display.

They should remove the ticks on the right, and all but one number on the left,since no other outside temperature is relevant while driving.

Something like this:
tempapp.jpg

Can't you just set the speed-setting for LOW to something slow? (Or is there a 55mph lower limit, can't remember...)

Just set the slider to "ALWAYS". You have 3 settings : "Never" (always stays to Normal height), Specific Speed(goes to low above that speed, returns to Normal when getting under) or Always (car is always on Low)

I think there is way too much information presented in that display.

They should remove the ticks on the right, and all but one number on the left,since no other outside temperature is relevant while driving.

Something like this:
View attachment 95169

Based on the dark themes presented in the pictures I believe your illustration is way to vibrant... need to tame it down a little bit..

temp1_zps8y45wxae.jpg

I wonder if there's an even smaller toy car on the dash of that toy car...

Maybe my car is really just a virtual toy car on the dash of a really large tesla model S shaped universe. Maybe there are other parallel tesla model S shaped universes and in one of them are some people that just desperately want this discussion to get to something else other than toy cars and Apple user interface design ;-)