Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish the seat belt chime would NOT sound unless the car is not in park! Seems useless if the car can't go anywhere.

Strange. My car on 6.2.136 doesn't chime if I am in Park and remove my seatbelt. It has been this way for a year now. I wait at the GO Station picking up people, and often have the car in park and undo my seatbelt. When I put the car in drive, it will chime at me and I put my seatbelt back on.

Strange. My car on 6.2.136 doesn't chime if I am in Park and remove my seatbelt. It has been this way for a year now. I wait at the GO Station picking up people, and often have the car in park and undo my seatbelt. When I put the car in drive, it will chime at me and I put my seatbelt back on.

I tested this yesterday when my wife got out of the passenger seat. The car was in drive and the chime started as soon as she undid the seatbelt. I put the car in park, and the chime stopped, but the little red indicator on the console still flashed until she got out of the seat. It's behaved that way since I've had the car.

Well my personal complaint about the seat belt chime is that I have the habit of stepping on the brake as soon as I get in the vehicle. I put on my seat belt with my foot on the brake typically. But as soon as I touch the brake and the car is awake it starts complaining that my seat belt isn't on.

Geez, starting to feel that way. I always thought talk of regen changes was psychosomatic, but with 6.2 my normal is like low and my low is like none. May go to svc ctr and beg for latest build.
That is exactly how it feels to me, too. In fact, went in to toggle switch and tried it both ways. Even rebooted twice since it seemed to feel so different. I have read the many posts on here about how people seem to "sense" subtle changes that are probably not changes at all, but I have to agree this does feel different to me. Psychosomatic - maybe? Maybe not? :smile:

Sometime in the past few updates regen coming out of TACC got super feathered.

Regen from manual control on the P85D has been slower to ramp than the P85 since I got it. I drive both regularly so this is not just in my head. lol.

They are almost certainly tweaking how regen works on the P85D as they go. 100% certain. The P85 hasn't changed at all, however.

Sometime in the past few updates regen coming out of TACC got super feathered.

Regen from manual control on the P85D has been slower to ramp than the P85 since I got it. I drive both regularly so this is not just in my head. lol.

They are almost certainly tweaking how regen works on the P85D as they go. 100% certain. The P85 hasn't changed at all, however.

Until a couple of days ago I had never driven any Model S other than my P85D, after having received my P85D. It was going in for the windnoise TSB, and to have the winter wheels taken off and the summer wheels put on, so I received a loaner S85. The first time I drove it down my block, which has a stop sign at the end of it, down a hill, I wondered what the heck was wrong with the regen, and assumed it must have been set to "low." It wasn't.

The battery wasn't warm, and the regen limit was showing at about 35. But coming down the hill and completely removing my foot from the "Go" pedal, essentially asking for all the regen available, saw the regen bar go to about 15 or so. Obviously I needed to use the brakes, in a situation where with my P85D I would not have. I drove the car a bit more, but it has been mainly my wife driving it. The little bit I drove it, regen seemed to get better than that one experience with it, but still did not seem as strong as on my P85D.

I guess the one question I have is what would be an explanation for the regen not immediately ramping up to whatever the regen limit was showing as when I released the "Go" pedal? I know there has been discussion of how fast the regen ramp up occurs, but I was watching the S85s regen bar, and it was stable at about 15 as the car was heading down the hill. (The battery was not close to fully charged.) The way regen behaved during those few seconds, it almost looked as if the regen limit was set to 15, instead of to 35.

Until a couple of days ago I had never driven any Model S other than my P85D, after having received my P85D. It was going in for the windnoise TSB, and to have the winter wheels taken off and the summer wheels put on, so I received a loaner S85. The first time I drove it down my block, which has a stop sign at the end of it, down a hill, I wondered what the heck was wrong with the regen, and assumed it must have been set to "low." It wasn't.

The battery wasn't warm, and the regen limit was showing at about 35. But coming down the hill and completely removing my foot from the "Go" pedal, essentially asking for all the regen available, saw the regen bar go to about 15 or so. Obviously I needed to use the brakes, in a situation where with my P85D I would not have. I drove the car a bit more, but it has been mainly my wife driving it. The little bit I drove it, regen seemed to get better than that one experience with it, but still did not seem as strong as on my P85D.

I guess the one question I have is what would be an explanation for the regen not immediately ramping up to whatever the regen limit was showing as when I released the "Go" pedal? I know there has been discussion of how fast the regen ramp up occurs, but I was watching the S85s regen bar, and it was stable at about 15 as the car was heading down the hill. (The battery was not close to fully charged.) The way regen behaved during those few seconds, it almost looked as if the regen limit was set to 15, instead of to 35.

Depends on speed. The RWD versions have much less regen at lower speeds than the P85D. That would be my guess as to what you experienced.

Well my personal complaint about the seat belt chime is that I have the habit of stepping on the brake as soon as I get in the vehicle. I put on my seat belt with my foot on the brake typically. But as soon as I touch the brake and the car is awake it starts complaining that my seat belt isn't on.
That's exactly the behavior I see. It's not about when you're getting out, it's about when you're getting in.

Doesn't happen here. Seat belt chime only comes on when the car reaches a certain speed (forwards or in reverse); it's always been like that.

Doesn't happen here. Seat belt chime only comes on when the car reaches a certain speed (forwards or in reverse); it's always been like that.

Hmm. I agree with bresser. The chime comes on immediately upon hitting the brake for a few iterations, then silences. I'll have to check if this is different in the P85 eventually, but I know the P85D does it.

My experience too. Tried it this morning. It starts chiming when I start driving, past the driveway, maybe 10 km/h ~ 6 mph.

On the other hand, when we get home and my wife unbuckles before we're backed in all the way it chimes even when we're basically stopped. Chiming stops when I switch to park.

This has never changed since we got the car almost 2 years ago.

Did some searching but didn't find anything...

Anyone else having problems with screen brightness settings? I originally had my daytime brightness set to 65% and my night time brightness set to 35% then set it to auto... and it would change brightness accordingly.

Since 6.2, it seems it just defaults to the daytime brightness even when it auto switches to night mode... its intensely bright :(