Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if temperature/weather is a factor in the Trip Energy calculation? Let's say its 50 F at the SpC, but 35 at my destination. Will the computer factor in battery heating/conditioning in response to the environment? Or is it strictly limited to elevation?

Won't that run the battery in the key dead? I've always been careful to keep the key a fair distance from the car, when I'm not driving it for a few days.

Cousin left the key there for a year, until my aunt took the car to Florida. Might still be there.

Not something I'd have the nerve to do (I always removed the key unless it was in the garage), but was incredibly convenient.

A note to all: please report incidents like this to Tesla directly to help them improve their software! They need us to be beta testers in the wild essentially reporting feedback to them. I believe this is essential to helping them on their way to autopilot!

I don't think any of my examples requires changing by Tesla. On examples #1 & #2; the car has no idea if I'm going to avoid that obstacle.
On example #3, that's all on the driver to either stop, or follow the car in front. Also, these are on the side streets, I think the TACC is designed primarily for the fwy/hwy.

I do agree with you that we need to let Tesla know of things that should change though.

I don't think any of my examples requires changing by Tesla. On examples #1 & #2; the car has no idea if I'm going to avoid that obstacle.
On example #3, that's all on the driver to either stop, or follow the car in front. Also, these are on the side streets, I think the TACC is designed primarily for the fwy/hwy.

I do agree with you that we need to let Tesla know of things that should change though.

So what we now need is the ability for us to dial in the destination, desired remaining range at destination and have it tell us the appropriate maximum speed to set the cruise control to. It should consider elevation changes, predicted winds, temps, precip and traffic enroute - all of which is generally available from the internet. If, when we're driving, conditions change from those predicted, it should automatically raise a warning with a new set point.

Not asking for much I know... but if you don't ask.... :)

A "round-trip" option on the nav would be useful with the new energy app. Can I make it there and back without destination charging? Going to 50% doesn't work unless you're on perfectly flat land. I'd also like to know if the consumption prediction considers rain, snow, or passenger/bag weight. It would be cool if it could use the air suspension to estimate weight.

A "round-trip" option on the nav would be useful with the new energy app. Can I make it there and back without destination charging? Going to 50% doesn't work unless you're on perfectly flat land. I'd also like to know if the consumption prediction considers rain, snow, or passenger/bag weight. It would be cool if it could use the air suspension to estimate weight.

V6.1 has the round trip option. Just put in the destination, then touch the summary line.

Andrew, This option exists. If you tap the battery icon (as I remember) showing the predicted battery % left on the one way trip it will then give you the battery % for the round trip and let you know if you will need a charge

V6.1 has the round trip option. Just put in the destination, then touch the summary line.

Andrew, This option exists. If you tap the battery icon (as I remember) showing the predicted battery % left on the one way trip it will then give you the battery % for the round trip and let you know if you will need a charge

If only all your feature requests could be addressed that quickly!

Here is a picture. This one is interesting because it takes into account the elevation going from Boulder to Silverthorne, CO and back. It's 43% there and 24% back.

IMG_7430.JPG

The notes only say it takes into consideration your predicted speed, elevation and some other factors?

Right. The question is what are those other factors. For someone with 6.1 this should be fairly easy. Pick a route with colder temps. Put it into the Nav in the early morning. Note the percentage and then temp. Check your weather app during the day, and if it's above 40 F or so, then put the same address in from the same location. What is the result?