Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11:25 pm central time feb 2nd.

torque sleep or .1 0-60 or both or something else? :)

What version of 6.1 did your car had before this update? After initial 6.1 roll-out, there was another update with no additional features, apparently just bug fixes. If you did not have that bug fixing update yet, it might be downloading/installing on your car - not the update with torque sleep.

We received a second update after 6.1 a week or so ago, updated the steering to three choices and something else I don't recall.

We didn't look at the current version before approving update.

- - - Updated - - -

Since no one else is seeing anything, it's likely a bug fix. I'd be surprised if we were first of a significant release for some reason. I will try to post any info from the release notes when it's finished.

Ok mine just finished installing. My rated range did not change, still 230 at 90%. Nothing in the release notes at the end said anything about torque sleep. Doesn't look promising. I might head out for a small drive to test out the efficiency. This is version is 6.1(2.2.139)

Last edited:
Sigh... 4 valve stems up, 4 bars of WiFi, and yet no new version. Maybe the extra high suspension setting from the snow or the 253 Volts on the HPWC are holding up the new version. :eek:

253V?! I want your transformer...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok mine just finished installing. My rated range did not change, still 230 at 90%. Nothing in the release notes at the end said anything about torque sleep. Doesn't look promising. I might head out for a small drive to test out the efficiency.

What version? .139?

Looks like .139 is a P85D special. Anyone not have a P85D that got it OTA?

Posts 874 (60) and 901 (p85 loaner) also state .139

just started install here (on p85d). Have 220 mile (one way) trip tomorrow, so although I'm hoping for torque sleep I'm just grateful for bug fixes, and hope this is another step toward Autopilot and promised range. Thank you TM, now can I get the rest of the car I paid for? ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok mine just finished installing. My rated range did not change, still 230 at 90%. Nothing in the release notes at the end said anything about torque sleep. Doesn't look promising. I might head out for a small drive to test out the efficiency. This is version is 6.1(2.2.139)

So install time (from looking at previous post time stamp) was 1 hour? That seems short if it were modifying many systems

Got 139.

Just noticed this in the range mode (i)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422944358.851759.jpg

Anyone on old firmware and still have this message?

That sounds like an "opt in" range mode so it can be tested rather than a full torque sleep that works all the time.

Not to be too negative already, but I sure hope you are correct, and that the final implementation is not going to require the use of range mode in order to get torque sleep. For one, there's no reason we should have to give up normal HVAC function to improve range. Also I don't like to use range mode on a regular basis because I want to be able to heat the battery while plugged in when I preheat the cabin. If I have range mode on, that won't happen. If I use range mode, I'm sure I'll (or my wife will) forget to turn it off, and we'll wind up not being able to heat the battery when we preheat the cabin.

I really hope this is just the way Tesla is testing this.

I can confirm an update to .139 and am seeing the new range mode message and that range mode appears to work in insane mode. The manual, as it relates to range, does not appear to be updated as it still states that range mode can only be used in sport mode. There is no mention regarding torque distribution in the manual.

I just updated to .139, and did not recall seeing the Energy app's Trip tab (part of Trip Energy Prediction, and now described, with image, in the release notes) as part of prior releases. Do others know if it was already there, or is it also perhaps new to 139?