Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exemplary posting, mgboyes, and it's nice to see the Brits getting an update before anyone else! :) Breaks the notion that USA cars or even Californian cars get them first.

This looks like an amazing set of updates. I've suffered from the lack of quite a few of these improvements... no backup lines, tunein podcast transport controls, shuffle mode. Nice!

Next on the navigation improvements hopefully will be taking altitude into account. Journeys between two towns that are at different altitudes take different amounts of energy depending on which direction you go.

Then - allow for supercharging along the route and suggest charging at them!

Well all I did was copy and paste some photos off Facebook, but you're welcome! And it was J1mbo who got there first :)

Regards rollout it seems like it's arriving all over the world. It may just be that the UK happened to be awake at the time that the release was pushed out.

This looks like an amazing set of updates. I've suffered from the lack of quite a few of these improvements... no backup lines, tunein podcast transport controls, shuffle mode. Nice!

Next on the navigation improvements hopefully will be taking altitude into account. Journeys between two towns that are at different altitudes take different amounts of energy depending on which direction you go.
the screen shot says elevation is taken in to account :biggrin:

Hell yeah! Camera guidelines have been on my list since day 1. What say all the folks who had us almost convinced that they would never see the light of day because it was a hardware limitation?

I believe the issue has always been that a hardware limitation meant that it was not possible to add guidelines "the easy way" (i.e. by offloading the work to the GPU). I guess they have probably had to do it the hard way i.e. in general purpose code (which is possibly why they are the most basic "guidelines" I've ever seen - usually there are all sorts of other coloured lines and dynamic stuff as well).

I just got the US 6.1 update and I have some other features not in the first screen shot including Automatic Cruise Control! Pics below...

b3qzgy.jpg

34h8002.jpg

I just got the US 6.1 update and I have some other features not in the first screen shot including Automatic Cruise Control! Pics below...

And it works really well. I rode around for a while this morning seeing to see how it works. The coolest thing about is is when the car in front of you stops the tesla will stop, then you just have to press the accelerator once and then car resumes while keeping its distance. It didnt seem to like a round about much it got excited and tried to accelerate to its configured speed. Overall a pretty awesome update from Tesla

Well it does say "Beta" in the middle of that screenshot.

Try as I might, I don't see the word "Beta" in either of those two images in the OP. How am I missing that?

This is very exciting to see back up lines in the rear view image, but I am tempering my excitement by keeping in mind that this may require hardware (e.g. a different graphics processor) that is not in my December 2013 car.

The backup lines show on a Sig so I would say all cars.

I sure hope so.

Still, sounds like lots of exciting stuff coming in 6.1!