Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One new "feature" of 6.0 that I noticed the other day is that you cannot close the sunroof if driving on the freeway. It gives you an "unable to select this position at this speed. slow down" error if you try to close it at freeway speeds. It doesn't seem to have a problem going to the vent position so I'm not sure why they though it was bad to fully close at hight speeds.

I downloaded 6.0 about 3 weeks ago, and yesterday my Model S displayed a message saying that there was software to be downloaded. I downloaded it when I got home in the evening, and this morning I was suprprised to see the download was... Firmware 6.0 :confused:

I haven't had time to go through it in details, but the software release notes look exactly the same as when I downloaded it the first time 3 weeks ago.

I am wondering if the change could be the 1.67.43 between brackets, after v6.0 - see picture:
IMAG2595_1.jpg

What do you guys have between brackets next to 6.0?

Has anyone else experienced this second download of Firmware 6.0?

I downloaded 6.0 about 3 weeks ago, and yesterday my Model S displayed a message saying that there was software to be downloaded. I downloaded it when I got home in the evening, and this morning I was suprprised to see the download was... Firmware 6.0 :confused:

I haven't had time to go through it in details, but the software release notes look exactly the same as when I downloaded it the first time 3 weeks ago.

I am wondering if the change could be the 1.67.43 between brackets, after v6.0 - see picture:

Yes, basically all of us have. It was likely just some bug fixes.

My car now drives itself and can accelerate to 60 in 3.2 seconds due to this update. Tesla's really are amazing that they can be updated all the time via software updates! So future proof.

Riiiiight

I'd just call it lawyer-baiting.

Thats funny. My initial thought was to reply with a "thank you," as most people use the word "hole" differently when talking to a lawyer.

i actually need to set an appointment for my 1st yr annual service. If I haven't received 6.0 by then, I assume they will load it. Until then I'll just wait, as the additional features don't justify spending a couple of hours just for a software update at the service center. I can spend that time earning $$ to buy a Model D in a couple of years.

I am wondering if the change could be the 1.67.43 between brackets, after v6.0 - see picture: View attachment 61533

I have had 4 separate versions of v6.0 downloaded within the past month - 1.65.11, 1.65.13, 1.65.15 and 1.67.42.

The first 3 versions were downloaded in rapid succession within 4 days (probably related to the early release of auto drive sensors in some cars and the premature release of the lane change and speed assist instructions in the pdf manual).

The last one was just 2 days ago.

Looks like you got the latest update 1.67.43.

One new "feature" of 6.0 that I noticed the other day is that you cannot close the sunroof if driving on the freeway. It gives you an "unable to select this position at this speed. slow down" error if you try to close it at freeway speeds. It doesn't seem to have a problem going to the vent position so I'm not sure why they though it was bad to fully close at hight speeds.

I don't think it's new. It's been there for almost a year now.

With .15 I've had problems with the GPS freezing location. Controls and map still works just the GPS location doesn't move.

Also Slacker often pauses and does not resume when interrupted by Waze on iPhone 5 iOS 8.0.2 via Bluetooth.

Definitely have this. But I had it previously too. Took it in to service for it and they supposedly reset something, but still happens...seems like even more frequently since I got 6.0 (.15 variant). I just got an update notice today so will tr yet hat t onsite. Hopefully it addresses it. If not, I'll definitely take it in at some point. It's not a huge deal, but would like it resolved eventually...

I updated to 1.67.43 this afternoon (from 1.67.28, I think). Had 204 rated miles when I started the update (charge limit was set to about 82%, and the car hadn't been driven in a few days). I came back a couple hours later, the update was complete and it had 215 miles of range.

Has anyone else seen a change in rated miles from this update?

I updated to 1.67.43 this afternoon (from 1.67.28, I think). Had 204 rated miles when I started the update (charge limit was set to about 82%, and the car hadn't been driven in a few days). I came back a couple hours later, the update was complete and it had 215 miles of range.

Has anyone else seen a change in rated miles from this update?
Someone reports this every time there is a new build. It seems to be an artifact of the update process and you will be back to displaying something close to your previous rated range in a day or two.

Well I received 1.67.43 the other day, and I'm still getting lockups of the center 17" screen. Pretty much at least once a day. It's always when I get in the car. Takes about 2-5 minutes to come back, which it does on it's own eventually. Mostly can drive like that unless the windows are fogged up, and you don't need the Nav. Today it happened twice, first time getting in the car from work going home, then again later this evening when I came out to the car. No response on the touch screen, no NAV, no 3G, no Slacker, no climate control, couldn't even turn on the defrost. Previously 1.65.15 was doing this, it started when 6.0 came out. So I wonder what 1.67.43 actually did fix? And I wonder when this will get fixed.

Funny, I tried to log a bug report using the voice command, as the release notes say you can. But guess what? Cannot do that if there is no 3G connection. Apparently the voice command requires a data connection. oops.

Someone reports this every time there is a new build. It seems to be an artifact of the update process and you will be back to displaying something close to your previous rated range in a day or two.

Ok, thanks. I've never noticed a range change after an update... Figured it was worth mentioning, in case there was something new... sounds like there isn't! Thanks.

Definitely have this. But I had it previously too. Took it in to service for it and they supposedly reset something, but still happens...seems like even more frequently since I got 6.0 (.15 variant). I just got an update notice today so will tr yet hat t onsite. Hopefully it addresses it. If not, I'll definitely take it in at some point. It's not a huge deal, but would like it resolved eventually...

I was driving via Navigation yesterday and noticed my next turn was 4.7 miles, and still 4.7, and still 4.7. "The heck with that!" about 1/4 mile before the turn I reverted to manual routing by the seat of my pants. After arriving at my destination and before leaving again I noticed the GPS position was updating once again.

But then I had a problem I've never had before. Had left the car parked a few hours with the rear hatch open. Button to close the hatch responded with a beep-beep and no motion. Finally manually closed the hatch. As it got almost closed the motors kicked in and clamped it shut. Then rear switch successfully opened it again, and button closed it. But getting in the car and booting it, using the center console to close the hatch, nothing worked. Just beep-beep with no message as to what the car thought was wrong.