Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still can't add the second car to the new app. Thought it might be handy for it to filter on whichever one you are using at the time. Have an M3 & a Leaf. Might be inconvenient on the east coast but not a real problem up here though. Once we leave town neither car can reach the next fast charger.

According to NSW RMS stats, as at 30 June 2023, 8.16% of Teslas registered in NSW are red. So if Teslas turning up at a single location is an entirely random process, the odds of all 4 Teslas in a location being red is 0.0044%, or 1 chance in 22,498 😄. Rare!
The chance of @unharmed (or me) seeing it though is 0.05%, or 1 in 1,840 since we are always driving a red one so that one is guaranteed (for either of us) :)

Reactions: unharmed
The chance of @unharmed (or me) seeing it though is 0.05%, or 1 in 1,840 since we are always driving a red one so that one is guaranteed (for either of us) :)

That would be conditional probability 😄.

It’s like the old aircraft hijack riddle… the odds of 1 bomb being on a plane is tiny, so if I bring my own bomb, then I’m safe, because what are the odds of 2 bombs being on the plane!!

Seems one Evie site is not enough for Batemans Bay.
Screenshot_20230806-214318.png

Currently this photo is under the plugshare listing nominally created for the Tesla Supercharger site due in the same location but given plugshare's site renaming policy not surprising the photo coming up here as the site name is now generic.

A media release from Wodonga Council regarding an Evie site in their city.

However not a lot of detail ... Evie still has both a 2x 350 kW site due in the Albury region (from their original ultra-rapid network), and a 1x 50 kW site due in Wodonga (from the DCAV grants). "Two spaces" could technically be either.

If it's a 1x 50 (or 75) kW then the site will effectively maintain existing capacity in the region, given NRMA just pulled their 1x 50 kW out of Albury.

Now that the council see there is high demand for fast charging, I wonder if they're going to remove the "general parking" allowance from the supercharger stalls?

• Informative
Reactions: RichardV

A media release from Wodonga Council regarding an Evie site in their city.

However not a lot of detail ... Evie still has both a 2x 350 kW site due in the Albury region (from their original ultra-rapid network), and a 1x 50 kW site due in Wodonga (from the DCAV grants). "Two spaces" could technically be either.

If it's a 1x 50 (or 75) kW then the site will effectively maintain existing capacity in the region, given NRMA just pulled their 1x 50 kW out of Albury.

Now that the council see there is high demand for fast charging, I wonder if they're going to remove the "general parking" allowance from the supercharger stalls?
This location matches the DCAV grant location,
Screenshot_20230811-134623.png

So would assume this is that 50 kW site.

• Informative
Reactions: SPadival and Chuq
So what is the version of the new Evie Charging App? I Installed the new app more than a week ago, looked good, everything came across, so uninstalled the old version.
Just recieved an email from Evie Introducing the new app with download and install now. So checked the version of the recently installed new app 2.3.5. Check the link in playstore, V 3.14.0 so stupidly thought it might be another update. Direct from the link in the email to playstore and it installed the old version I had previously removed.

Aaaaahhhhh finally found the new app installed a week or so ago but had to specifically search for "evie charging new" otherwise only get the old bugger. I think I need to kill grue with axe.

rant over..

3 new Evie sites in Victoria according to Facebook

1️⃣
Oakleigh South, in partnership with Dan Murphy's.
The site is 18 km southeast of Melbourne CBD, filled with rich culture, village charm, and lively festivals.
🎉
Surrounding amenities include two golf clubs, an ice skating rink, and a variety of cafes and boutiques. It's also a 10-min drive from Chadstone Shopping Centre and 20 mins from the nearest beach.
🏖️

2️⃣
Belgrave
36 km from the CBD, this site offers an easy gateway to paradise on the tranquil Dandenong Mountains. Drivers can enjoy the crisp air and relish nature's symphony of over 150 bird species.
🍃

3️⃣
Ararat
A suburb where history thrives thanks to the 1857 Victorian gold rush. This site is also surrounded by abundant amenities, giving EV drivers something to do while topping up their vehicles.
The Belgrave and Ararat sites are in collaboration with the Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water, backed by the Victorian Government.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.31.28.png