Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV owners have questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
Here are the questions:
  1. “I have heard that gasoline-powered cars can not refuel at home while you sleep. How often do you refill elsewhere? Will there be a solution for refueling at home?
  2. Which parts will I need service on and how often? The car salesman mentioned a box with gears in it. What is this? Will I receive a warning with an indicator when I need to change said gear?
  3. Can I accelerate and brake with one pedal as I do today with my electric car?
  4. Do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill?
  5. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator until it began to accelerate. Is that normal in gas-powered cars or was this one malfunctioning?
  6. Is it true that gas is flammable? Should I empty the tank and store the gas somewhere else while the car is in the garage?
  7. Is there an automatic system to prevent gasoline from catching fire or exploding in an accident?
  8. I understand that the main ingredient in gasoline is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil cause environmental problems as well as conflict? Is there a solution for this?”

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: tm1v2 and Brando
Help! Every morning my new gasoline car farts and smells worse than me. Can anyone recommend a gasoline brand that won't give it indigestion?
Years ago, before catalytic converters, whenever I would travel to Wyoming, my car would emit a strange foul smell. Something different about the gas.

Similarly, Reno has an annual parade of classic cars. Incredibly foul smell.