Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During my wintersport trip to st. Anton last winter I had some superchargers that had 5-6 cars charging at the same time. With these 2 stall 'keep the customers happy' stalls this could easilly resolult in 2 hour waiting times per supercharger during the holiday season...

Okay, but just consider that two days ago, in France, there was not even one SC. This is not the end, but still, I LOVE those mobile SC units with only two plugs.
True, true. If this is the way Tesla can bring some charging then I'm very happy with it!

I understand that Tesla has a lot of paperwork to go through before they can permanently install a SuperCharger, so I'm very happy to see this.

Yes I guess this is a very smart move from Tesla to have designed these mobile units.

But now their map is not optimistic enough, because you may have noticed that our friend in Lyon DID charge his S this morning on a SC that is NOT even shown on the "COMING SOON" map. And yesterday I was happy to have the chance to be the first Tesla owner to supercharge his S on the French soil, but earlier in the morning the Auxerre SC had popped out on the "OPEN NOW" map, although it had never been on the "COMING SOON" map before.

What I can see for France is that :
  • the far end position of the Tesla SC map time slider is now showing "END OF 2014" instead of previously "WINTER 2014-2015" ;
  • there are more than 20 expected SC in our territory, instead of 10 planned initially ;
  • Brittany and Normandy will be covered, and it was not the case before.

So it's even more optimistic, but not always optimistic enough !

Last edited:
Yes I guess this is a very smart move from Tesla to have designed these mobile units.

But now their map is not optimistic enough, because you may have noticed that our friend in Lyon DID charge his S this morning on a SC that is NOT even shown on the "COMING SOON" map. And yesterday I was happy to have the chance to be the first Tesla owner to supercharge his S on the French soil, but earlier in the morning the Auxerre SC had popped out on the "OPEN NOW" map, although it had never been on the "COMING SOON" map before.

What I can see for France is that :
  • the far end position of the Tesla SC map time slider is now showing "END OF 2014" instead of previously "WINTER 2014-2015" ;
  • there are more than 20 expected SC in our territory, instead of 10 planned initially ;
  • Brittany and Normandy will be covered, and it was not the case before.

So it's even more optimistic, but not always optimistic enough !

Eventually all these provisional Supercharger stations will have to be replaced by real normal ground-constructed Supercharger stations with more stalls, right?

446km? Never in a lifetime.

Afbeelding 250.jpg

There is a free 22kW charging station in the central parking in Wörgl. You only have to pay for parking. No RFID card neccessary.

Thanks, good to go to munich:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

During my wintersport trip to st. Anton last winter I had some superchargers that had 5-6 cars charging at the same time. With these 2 stall 'keep the customers happy' stalls this could easilly resolult in 2 hour waiting times per supercharger during the holiday season...
I hope will be free:tongue: Thanks so much

Eventually all these provisional Supercharger stations will have to be replaced by real normal ground-constructed Supercharger stations with more stalls, right?

Jerome Guillen spoke of these Superchargers on our (Tesla Owners Club Norway) annual meeting in Oslo a few weeks back. He said the government/local authorities in France had such a long processing time for the applications - that they would not be able to put up real superchargers in a while. To circumvent this they set up smaller devices (like these) as they only required permission from the power company.

Can anybody in Norway or Germany test the new SuperChargers and confirm the charging rate?

On the "old" SuperChargers I've never seen anything higher then 106kW and I was wondering if the new SuperChargers are providing the 120 or 135kW as promised.