Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had contact with Tesla and they told me that they were working on Belgium and the Northern part of the Netherlands.

So good news for the French who want to visit Amsterdam! A SC in Belgium would allow them to go to Oosterhout and visit Amsterdam.

They didn't mention specific locations though.

Or for the French that live in the Netherlands and want to visit family ;-)

Thanks for the info Wido!

Take a look at this article: More Details Emerge on Teslas Supercharger Expansion in Europe

superchargers_construction_2014_02.jpg

Any Germans who are aware of these locations? Something happening on the German forum?

Since it looks they are adding some great SC locations which will help me a lot when traveling to Magdeburg!

Searching on the German tff-forum I found this map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zo26ILOM3wwo.kBS_Y_YCDHcM

Last edited:
Take a look at this article: More Details Emerge on Teslas Supercharger Expansion in Europe

Any Germans who are aware of these locations? Something happening on the German forum?

Since it looks they are adding some great SC locations which will help me a lot when traveling to Magdeburg!

Searching on the German tff-forum I found this map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zo26ILOM3wwo.kBS_Y_YCDHcM

On the German ttf-forum some people are keeping their own maps with speculations about SC locations in Germany and Europe.

The map in the insideevs article is the one from Volker.Berlin:

Tesla-Fahrer und -Freunde Forum Thema anzeigen - Supercharger in Europa

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zBYpcE9tjk8w.k-_Hunrcr2uA

Yes, speculations on the German forum. :tongue:
Different sources: people talking to Tesla employees, combining Rasthof locations with highway crossroads, Teslas rollout map etc. etc. Not very certain, so that's why people are keeping their own maps. :wink:

(The other map is kept by Yellow. See: Tesla-Fahrer und -Freunde Forum Thema anzeigen - Supercharger in Europa)
Ah, ok.

So I was hoping for any real construction on those locations yet. Nothing is certain until we see people doing construction there.

I sent a mail yesterday to Tesla to ask them if I would make it next week to Hannover on the Supercharger network.
They called me back in the evening with the message that it won't be possible. Will have to take the ICE instead.

They did try to comfort me with the message that they would rollout 100 Superchargers this year in Europe.

Elon promised us two things during the meeting in Amsterdam:

- In the summer the south of France would be reachable through SC's
- Update of the European SC website to also reflect the "soon to open SC's" like the North America website.

Hopefully we'll be seeing some of this promise/activity soon.

Elon promised us two things during the meeting in Amsterdam:

- In the summer the south of France would be reachable through SC's
- Update of the European SC website to also reflect the "soon to open SC's" like the North America website.

Hopefully we'll be seeing some of this promise/activity soon.

If they want to achieve their goal of 100 Superchargers in Europe in 2014, they'd better start popping up ;-)

Hopefully I'm wrong, but just to temper expectations, I hope everyone realises that "100 Superchargers" doesn't mean 100 different locations, there can be between 4 and 8 in a single location meaning perhaps around 20 different locations.

Also, there are probably already 50 SC's in Europe - are these part of that 100 or a new 100?

Clear as mud...

Hopefully I'm wrong, but just to temper expectations, I hope everyone realises that "100 Superchargers" doesn't mean 100 different locations, there can be between 4 and 8 in a single location meaning perhaps around 20 different locations.

Also, there are probably already 50 SC's in Europe - are these part of that 100 or a new 100?

Clear as mud...
Well, I think they mean 100 locations, not "chargers".

But again, currently we are at 0 and the holiday season is coming!

Be nice to see one in the UK in time for the first cars to arrive. That gives them 2 months, plenty of time! ;)
Somewhere near the English channel, let's say Dover would be great for trips to the UK (for us) or mainland Europe (for you guys).

Clear as mud...

In the past, the term "superchargers" always referred to a location with multiple stalls. There is the corner case of two stations at nearly the same location at a highway but for different driving directions. Tesla count these as two. But other than that, no - we are at 6 superchargers in Norway and 8 in rest of Europe.

A few more Elon quotes from Elon's two visits at Munich, back in October and January:
"Germany will have one of the most dense supercharger networks, with around 50 superchargers."
"We will double the number of chargers every quarter."
"We build them as fast as we can - really".

Let's see. The quarter ends at March, 31. Some supercharger locations in Germany were erected within 10 days. The scouts have reported no construction work anywhere yet.