Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At best? I would say at worst! Because the map shows the situation as it will be in Winter 2014. It could be that some of the superchargers/routes are a;ready finished by Spring or Summer 2014, maybe also in France.

Was just assuming that "Winter 2013" was referring to Nov13-Mar14, and "Winter 2014" to Nov14-Mar15. And the beginning of that "Winter 2014" period is still more than 12 months ahead. I guess I'm wrong...

Was just assuming that "Winter 2013" was referring to Nov13-Mar14, and "Winter 2014" to Nov14-Mar15. And the beginning of that "Winter 2014" period is still more than 12 months ahead. I guess I'm wrong...[/QUOTE

Why would they only build superchargers in the winter? Winter 2014 means by winter 2014, or sometime between Mar 2014 and Mar 2015.

I notice they've gotten tired of people superimposing dots on maps to guess at individual locations. :wink:

Supercharger at the IAA in Frankfurt has been put there just temporarily.

There is a Supercharger at the IAA in Frankfurt. But this one has been put there just temporarily. When the IAA in Frankfurt will end, this Supercharger will be removed from this location. That means that this is NOT one of the Supercharger locations on the route Amsterdam to Munich. This information has been obtained from the IAA in Frankfurt.

The ideal location for Frankfurt would be:

Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt

North of Autobahn 3 and Federal Highway 43 and opposite of Frankfurt Airport Terminal 2.

This location is less than 5 min away from either direction of Autobahn 5 and 7, which is the bussiest Autobahn crosssing in Germany named Frankfurter Kreuz.

Best Regards

- - - Updated - - -

another location to the east:

Mainfrankenpark at the crossing of Autobahn 3 and 7 named Biebelrieder Kreuz. Distance from frankfurt 82 miles.

Map has been further updated with "range blobs" and some additional routes (west from Geneva for example).

I think the range blobs don't make a lot of sense. They suggest that you can drive within that blob. But in fact I think that this is not the case as the radius of that blog seems to be 320km. To freely drive within a blob you'd also have to consider that you need to go back and hence the blobs should have a radius of 160km. Or do I miss something here?

I think the range blobs don't make a lot of sense. They suggest that you can drive within that blob. But in fact I think that this is not the case as the radius of that blog seems to be 320km. To freely drive within a blob you'd also have to consider that you need to go back and hence the blobs should have a radius of 160km. Or do I miss something here?

I think the larger radius is consistent with Tesla's stated intent that Superchargers are located so as to provide fast charging between city pairs (i.e., driving from point A to point B without having to use slower charging), and are not intended for destination charging, where a slower charge is acceptable. When the edge of a 'range blob' is in the outback it may make less sense, but there it is.

I think the larger radius is consistent with Tesla's stated intent that Superchargers are located so as to provide fast charging between city pairs (i.e., driving from point A to point B without having to use slower charging), and are not intended for destination charging, where a slower charge is acceptable. When the edge of a 'range blob' is in the outback it may make less sense, but there it is.

Yeah, this is the way the blobs have always been on the US supercharger map. Right now it shows that I should be able to go to the Sierras in California, which I can. Unfortunately, unless I can find a place to charge there (which is basically impossible outside of Tahoe) I can't get back. However, that should change over time.