Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Epic EV from Ampev

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spotted an orange one on La Mirada in Vista yesterday afternoon around 2pm while walking to lunch. I believe Epic EV is somewhere around here - perhaps closer than I think! How to get a test ride in one...

I know Aptera was just around the corner and with some of the Epic EV guys from Aptera...
You were very close I suggest you drop in and see if you an get someone to give you a test ride. They were very friendly and accommodating when I was there.

Looks cool. Very track oriented, but I bet it's a blast to drive! I wonder why the article suggests its $65,000 starting price is "much cheaper" than a Tesla. Seems misleading.

I can't speak to this with any authority, but I suspect that intended comparison was with the Tesla Roadster Sport given that it most closely matches the TORQ's two seat, open top, roadster configuration. At approx. half the cost of the Roadster Sport when new, I suppose it is much less expensive.

-- DavidV :D

Tesla Torq ES on ebay???

Was doing a quick search on Roadsters on ebay and saw this crazy looking thing. The title with "tesla" caught my eye but it is definetely not something Elon would have come up with. I'm not even sure if I can call it a car. Looks like a trike/car hybrid. I'm not even sure it is electric because my eyes started to burn trying to read all his small printed details. Anyways, take a gander.

Tesla Torq Roadster ES Sport Package Carbon Sport Package | eBay

TORQev - Home is the original vendor for this. I really hate how people irrelevant keywords in their auction title to get you to look at something you're not interested in. It worked in this case, so that's why they do it I guess. :)

It is an all-electric. The Warp9 motor mentioned is an electric motor that many people use on EV conversions. Frankly, I would be surprised if you would be able to get this titled since the original owner drove it for a while, likely has an MSO in their name, and didn't bother registering it. People that do garbage like that on their vehicle just make it incredibly difficult for any future owners to tag the vehicle. I frequently ran into this when I was searching eBay for a used Ariel Atom... Any one I came across like that was totally ignored. I didn't care how good of a deal it was, I didn't want that much effort with the State DMV and Tax departments.