Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot (EAP)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting but it says TACC is not included, I think I have that already unless I have missed something. i.e. one click down. Seems bonkers not to include cruise control in a car of this cost. For me it is great in start stop traffic..

It seems crazy that by taking this option we would lose TACC which I currently have. That can’t be right?
Hope you're right, but that would be the logic. Frankly, given how bad FSD is today, TACC delivers enough of an FSD experience for most people that paying £7k is pretty crazy. Personally, I wouldn't pay a penny for any upgraded automation unless it was way more reliable.

Reactions: zayn and DrivenRay
Yeah, I see it on twitter now. You're all reading too much into it. TACC is part of basic Autopilot, this new upgrade definitely doesn't remove it (or any functionality)

If that were the case then you're saying "Auto lane Change" isn't part of FSD either because it's in this new option but not in the FSD option.

tgvfdfthgfd.jpeg

Reactions: Gatsojon and NigelT
I can see the offer on my account.
I wonder if not mentioning TACC is because it is already installed. FSD doesn't seem to get "Auto Lane Change". Would make sense although noted they mention TACC on the FSD description.
If it is just a description error as so often happens with Tesla, I could see quite a few sales as for one I cannot see myself allowing hands off city driving for a long time yet.

TACC has always been listed as a feature of Full Self Driving so I wouldn't worry about it being removed if you currently have Autopilot or are looking to upgrade to EAP.

Here's an image of the upgrades screen from earlier in the year when the rear heated seats became available for SR+:

Tesla-Rear-Heated-Seats-App.jpeg

What is intriguing though is that smart summon is now just referred to as summon in all options.

My guess is it’s a slip up.

I reckon they’ve seen sales of FSD drop off, and want to get some more sales at half the price.

Ill be honest the one that interests me is being able to overtake without needing to disable and then re-enable autopilot ... whether that’s done by the car deciding to overtake or me.

Until FSD can cope with roundabouts, I don’t see the point of paying for full FSD in the UK unless you’re a YouTuber or need summon to get the car out of the garage or similar.

Reactions: JS77 and Avendit