Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We wake up this morning in a shattered country. We sift through the wreckage in a state of shock. We are traumatized and broken. We still cannot comprehend the horrors we witnessed last night. A few libs were temporarily suspended on Twitter. Nothing will ever be the same again.

Sarcasm. I get it. I agree to a point.

I'd like to point out however that this is pretty much how conservatives described the situation before Elon took over. Where is their outrage over this?

How quickly can Elon make the Bird profitable, go public with it again, and then put all his money back into Tesla?

(asking for a friend)

Will be a long time if ever. Clearly, it is bleeding more money than Elon anticipated. By his own admission, he did not plan to sell any more shares. But he did and here we are. Maybe this is to retire debt and he is ripping off the bandaid now to decrease interest payments. The twitter business business under stress outside of debt payment. In addition, the plan for turn around seems incredibly dumb. Adding 1080p video, long form content, and payments to twitter just doesn’t seem like a blockbuster plan to me. That’s just my opinion..I don’t get social media personally.

The other issue I think long term is that once a critical mass occurs, big shifts can occur rapidly in the social media space. See MySpace Tiktok Snapchat etc. Right now , many people on the left on Twitter do not like Elon. They would like to pick up their ball and go home, but they don’t have a comparable site and network effects work to twitters advantage. Twitter is unique. Watch out for post.news (created by the founder of waze). They have got a lot of traction already in the pre -wide release phase already. If Elon keeps at it, there will be a slow trickle, but then a big shift could happen all of a sudden.

Twitter would still have an enormous number of users but becoming profitable could become much harder if there is competition (which they don’t have currently).

Elon has made killing the wmv his #1 priority and he we know he doesn’t quit so we may have a Captain Ahab situation here.

There is no outrage. This was literally the status quo before Elon took over.
That would be true if there was still a moderation council, but that doesn't exist anymore. For example the Post story link was restored in 48 hours, given there were people of different opinions (rather than one person making the ultimate decision on content).

Let's see if these journalists get restored in 48 hours, but doesn't seem very likely given even with a poll where people wanted them restored immediately, it so far has not been done.

That would be true if there was still a moderation council, but that doesn't exist anymore. For example the Post story link was restored in 48 hours, given there were people of different opinions (rather than one person making the ultimate decision on content).

Let's see if these journalists get restored in 48 hours, but doesn't seem very likely given even with a poll where people wanted them restored immediately, it so far has not been done.
A moderation council? Who did that consist of politically? I’m genuinely curious if you’re being serious. Do people on the left not understand there was a double standard?

Do people also not understand that Twitter is mainly left wing? Obviously a Twitter poll is going to accentuate that fact.

Typical dictatorship behavior. Do a poll/election to try to give the decision legitimacy and if it doesn't go the way the dictatorship wants it to, just ignore the results or claim that there was fraud. The whole "Restore Trump's Account?" poll likely wasn't really a poll but just something to give the pre-determined decision the look of legitimacy.

Of course, a private company IS effectively a dictatorship and can make decisions in an arbitrary and capricious manner if it wants to. But unlike in a real world sovereign nation state dictatorship, a private company cannot force people to stay around and use its products or services. Why any journalist who respects the profession would stay around when Twitter makes it difficult to impossible for him or her to do his or her job, I'm? Not sure.

Why is there zero focus on the fact that Elon Musk has Asperger Syndrome? How can that not be a factor in what's happening? The symptoms of Asperger's describe Elon to a T and also offer an insight into the communication issues at Tesla. I think this needs to be discussed.

Screenshot 2022-12-16 at 1.45.45 PM.png

Maybe missed this, already mentioned; have not been reading the thread…

I’ve heard it hypothesized that Ozempic/Wegovy may be impacting Elon’s mental state somehow? Seems like it alters blood sugar, so it can certainly alter brain function.

There are also reports of brain fog in various places.

Hopefully he is under the care of an actual physician.

….
low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Your risk for getting low blood sugar may be higher if you use Ozempic® with another medicine that can cause low blood sugar, such as a sulfonylurea or insulin. Signs and symptoms of low blood sugar may include: dizziness or Iightheadedness, blurred vision, anxiety, ***irritability or mood changes***, sweating, slurred speech, hunger, confusion or drowsiness, shakiness, weakness, headache, fast heartbeat, and feeling jittery.

I’m not saying this impacts his beliefs, etc., but could impact stability/decision-making.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Elon Musk is killing the Tesla brand.​

Tesla Board should sideline Musk until he appoints a CEO at Twitter. Musk has somehow convinced the weak board that he is too critical to Tesla's success. It's actually quite the opposite. Why is the Tesla Board asleep? Musk only owns 13% of TSLA shares. He's not even a majority stockholder. In fact, Tesla's Board should appoint the original founders of Tesla as co-CEOs to get things back on track.

Elon appeared subdued and disinterested at the recent Semi event. His heart doesn't seem in it anymore.

It may be time for the Board of Directors to seriously consider bringing back the company's original founders. They care about Tesla, are not lunatics, and to the best of my knowledge do not have any developmental disabilities.

Last edited:
What about posting Elon's personal property address? That is also public information to anyone who combs the county tax rolls… People who don't want their kids affected by their day jobs should probably not post their underaged kids' photos on public social media. Just a thought. I don't think this genius understands consequences or personal responsibility.

The more I follow this sad sack of a human being the more I realize he was lucky. He had a lot of help from people he met at school and benefited from being at the right place at the right time. No genius required.

Last edited:
A moderation council? Who did that consist of politically? I’m genuinely curious if you’re being serious. Do people on the left not understand there was a double standard?
As much as there is a claim of double standards, there was enough differences of opinion among the people in it where they ultimately decided to restore the link. This haven't happened yet here, so that is a direct counterexample to your claim things are the same.
Do people also not understand that Twitter is mainly left wing? Obviously a Twitter poll is going to accentuate that fact.
If that was the case, how do you explain the previous poll that supported Trump's return?

Reactions: JRP3 and B@ndit
Status
Not open for further replies.