Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry favo I was up all night PDT until 4 am waiting to configure then slept ~3 hours so I’m not my normal eccentric self - hence the TMI!

I see now you may not be aware of the Pure Land Buddhism “bathing the Buddha” on the birthday of the Indian prince that founded the religion according to the origin texts from around 400 AD. It is a real religious ceremony. I wasn’t in a hot tub with anyone! LOL

There's this...
Screenshot_20180520-154552_Chrome.jpg

This is great news on multiple fronts, but I can’t imagine how/where one could use this kind of power outside of a track.

My 3 is the quickest car I’ve ever owned and am quickly realizing that it’s faster than I need (but I’m keeping it anyway :)

The NEED FOR SPEED is a religion to some people. Between:

Ponying up $23K to shave a second versus

1 - Removing extra car seats
2 - Ripping out the upholstry
3 - Ditching the AC infrastructure
4 - Driving around with a 1/16th tank at all times
5 - Putting a different car engine into your chassis

to shave a second.. $23K looks very appealing.

This is great news on multiple fronts, but I can’t imagine how/where one could use this kind of power outside of a track.

My 3 is the quickest car I’ve ever owned and am quickly realizing that it’s faster than I need (but I’m keeping it anyway :)

Because it’s faster than you need does not mean it’s faster than others WANT.

• Love
Reactions: davidc18
The NEED FOR SPEED is a religion to some people. Between:

Ponying up $23K to shave a second versus

1 - Removing extra car seats
2 - Ripping out the upholstry
3 - Ditching the AC infrastructure
4 - Driving around with a 1/16th tank at all times
5 - Putting a different car engine into your chassis

to shave a second.. $23K looks very appealing.

“I measure my life one second at a time...”

Not sure if this should be it's own thread or not but question: To get 0-60 3.5 sec, will a 'setup' be needed (launch control, ludicrous engagement, that sort of thing), or can I just stomp the accelerator without any preplanning?

Not sure if this should be it's own thread or not but question: To get 0-60 3.5 sec, will a 'setup' be needed (launch control, ludicrous engagement, that sort of thing), or can I just stomp the accelerator without any preplanning?

You a very intelligent person based on your question and I hope I have the right answer for you.

The Chevy Volt is faster than a Model S 0-30 in mtn mode and running off electric and gas engine at same time. Who does that in the real world?

I am assuming this is base performance without needing any toggle or preheating of batteries. Nothing along the lines of Ludicrous attached to the P option.

Being much lighter than the S explains a lot of performance off the get go.

Other than switching to ludicrous (if it exists, P maybe just P), the current cars can hit the 0-60 just by pressing the pedal. (Stomping can break it after a while, I've read)
Edit: happy to be @MXWing 's wing man

Reactions: MXWing
  • Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and preilly44