Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a difference a supercharger makes! Having done North-Bay:pembroke:Ottawa:Toronto:Barrie:North Bay often for the last 2 years, I can now do the same trips in HALF the time, with CABIN HEAT even in sub-subzeros (Woot!) and arrive at SC's with 100km on the battery instead of rolling in with zero! LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH MORE NOW! Thank you Tesla for providing the Kingston Temporary Charger!

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by HAL8950viewpost-right.pngComber ON Supercharger now under construction. Pulled off the 401 in Comber this afternoon to see if I could find the site of this future Supercharger, and surprise it is already under construction with the area fenced off and Tesla boxes on site.

Awesome! Thank you for the photos!

Any further news / pictures to update the status of Comber?

Looks like Utica is getting close to completion, so pretty soon, you won't have to swim off the East Canada Island. (or perhaps use your ICE boat)

Supercharger - Utica, NY - Site Picture

That is really great news! Hopefully it will be up soon! It will complete the link of superchargers needed for me to make my trip to Boston in mid-March.

And loving all the supercharger news lately, looking forward to trying the Barrie supercharger on the way to Blue Mountain this weekend.

Drove from Toronto to Montreal yesterday in the cold.
Topped off at the Toronto SC and made it to Kingston with 18 km range left travelling 110 most of the way
Normal heating. Then made it to Cornwall with about 40 km left but was happy to see the Cornwall SC give me 533 km/hr charging.
Got into Montreal in time for a super Bowl party.
Had to park outside at a hotel with no charging in the -25 degree weather. Lost 20 km overnight.
Was happy to discover my quarter window draft fix. Came in really helpful.
Heading back to Toronto Tuesday same route. Thank God for the 2 Kingston Temp SC'ers!

Topped off at the Toronto SC and made it to Kingston with 18 km range left travelling 110 most of the way
Normal heating. Then made it to Cornwall with about 40 km left but was happy to see the Cornwall SC give me 533 km/hr charging.

Are you in an 85? Full charge to 420 rated range and bit under 250km to reach Kingston seems like something doesn't quite add up here.

Are you in an 85? Full charge to 420 rated range and bit under 250km to reach Kingston seems like something doesn't quite add up here.

I think it makes sense. I did the drive from Scarborough to Niagara Falls and back and didn't do over 105KM/H the whole way on Sunday. It was 325KM and I had to stop at the supercharger on the way back. I fully charged before I left and had a rated range of 410KM.

the most you can expect in this type of weather is 300KM to going 10KM/h over the limit...his 250KM is about right.

It's very likely: on saturday, I averaged 275-285 Wh / km (which is slightly above 50% more than in summer time for the same trip) from Montréal to Hawkesbury (east-west) with headwinds about 25-35 km/h, temperature around -16 / -18, driving was 109 km/h and cabin heat was at 19. Consumption was a little bit less on my return because of the tailwinds but still high...

Around 250km is what I am getting for range with my P85D in the four weeks that I have owned it. I don't know if Supercharged has a D but the range on the D is nowhere near rated which is why people are clamouring for the torque sleep firmware changes.

Popped into Kingston SC for a charge. Guy who is in charge of the company finishing the main SC came over to chat. Final piece of equipment is here and they have begun the final phase of work. He explained part of the delay is that all the electrical work for a plaza like this is contracted to one specific company. They cant just hire anyone to do it. Also the switch that just came in kept getting delayed. He is expecting the project to be done around the end of this month.

Got into Montreal in time for a super Bowl party.
Had to park outside at a hotel with no charging in the -25 degree weather. Lost 20 km overnight.
Was happy to discover my quarter window draft fix. Came in really helpful.
Heading back to Toronto Tuesday same route. Thank God for the 2 Kingston Temp SC'ers!

Nice to meet you kingston SC today....next time at the 6 stalls hopefully!

Nice to meet you kingston SC today....next time at the 6 stalls hopefully!

Yes indeed. Thank you. Interesting what you were saying about the other mall across the street that was supposed to originally host the SC'ers.
The fact that mall got delayed and Tesla was forced to move it across the street could be one of the reasons for the delay.
Happy motoring!

- - - Updated - - -

The extreme cold weather we had this week plays havoc with range. Summer time would be a different story.
Had temp at 23 with seat heater on. Have to be comfortable! LOL! Yes, an 85.

Yes indeed. Thank you. Interesting what you were saying about the other mall across the street that was supposed to originally host the SC'ers.
The fact that mall got delayed and Tesla was forced to move it across the street could be one of the reasons for the delay.
Happy motoring!

Yes, perhaps the newer section of the mall would not have needed the extra switch they were waiting on. But, they really should have put the 2 stall in back in early December. The guys were back working on the transformer area when I left, good sign.

Yes, perhaps the newer section of the mall would not have needed the extra switch they were waiting on. But, they really should have put the 2 stall in back in early December. The guys were back working on the transformer area when I left, good sign.

Finally we're getting there!

Good to see that a BIG important part of the East-West corridor will soon to be operational...

The Barrie Supercharger grand opening is apparently this Saturday at 12 noon.
The Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club is planning a rally to the opening and leaving from the Fortino's at 400 and the 407 around 10:30.
The address is 3940 Highway 7 in Woodbridge.
I just sent out an email to the club, if anyone else is planning to attend please let me know.
Thanks

John

The Barrie Supercharger grand opening is apparently this Saturday at 12 noon.
The Southern Ontario Tesla Owner's Club is planning a rally to the opening and leaving from the Fortino's at 400 and the 407 around 10:30.
The address is 3940 Highway 7 in Woodbridge.
I just sent out an email to the club, if anyone else is planning to attend please let me know.
Thanks

John

FYI, Weather forecast for Saturday is showing up to 10 cm of snow in the area north of the city up to Barrie.