Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. We need Ottawa especially during tourist season.
I used the Supercharger in Watertown yesterday. You may be able to go from Kingston to Syracuse however Ottawa to Syracuse is doable in the summer but most likely not in the winter. This location is a good point between Ottawa and Syracuse esp. for winter runs. It is located behind the Salmon Run Mall. This is the mall we used to go shopping in the 80's when cross-boarder shopping was worth it. The mall is in good shape but starting to show signs of decline (quality of stores). My only issue with the charger is that it gave me a max speed charge of only 150 KpH. Not what we expected, making us extend our lacklustre shopping experience for an extra 30 minutes. Not a big deal but 30 minutes extra when you are wanting to get home seems like forever. Kudos for adding this station! Tesla Supercharging at the 416 and Fallowfield would tickle me pink! But not before Quebec City, Riviere Du Loup and St. Leonard, NB.

I see Watertown NY is open.
Really Tesla? You can easily drive from Kingston to Syracuse even in winter via SC's. Why Watertown? Totally not needed.
Ottawa should be the next priority!

Relax, we know they are working on it...it's not like Tesla is snubbing Ottawa for a supercharging station altogether.

Maybe Tesla is having trouble finding a host site in Ottawa.

Maybe Watertown had a faster permitting process. Who knows.

Calling out all Tesla owners! This Canada day (Friday July 1st), I'll be at the Barrie Supercharger from 11:00 to 17:00. Why? To give out snacks! I figured it's the least I can do for Tesla owners and their friends/family.
So if you are in the area or are on a road trip, be sure to stop by the Barrie Supercharger to get some free drinks and snacks!

Hope to see you there :)

Max (@tesla_addict)

I see Watertown NY is open.
Really Tesla? You can easily drive from Kingston to Syracuse even in winter via SC's. Why Watertown? Totally not needed.
Ottawa should be the next priority!

Syracuse, NY to Cornwall, ON: 182 miles.
Watertown, NY to Cornwall, ON: 116 miles.
Syracuse, NY to Gatineau, QC 193 miles
Watertown, NY to Gatineau, QC 126 miles

Last edited:
I am not a Tesla owner (Model 3 reservation holder) and just wanted to say how much I love following this thread! It makes me massively happy to hear of Supercharger expansion in our own backyard. Thanks to current owners for your continued support and advocacy for the area. I have emailed Tesla a few times to put in my 'vote' for Supercharger locations, but I appreciate that current owners likely have more clout.

Thanks all!

I would like to see a push to open up Atlantic Canada with a SC at Quebec City, Grand Falls NB, Fredericton, Moncton, Truro, etc. There are four provinces out there which are currently inaccessible.

That spacing looks pretty good! I've also added Medway ME to this map, but there may be a need for two on that route.

xP3PrE7.png

Relax, we know they are working on it...it's not like Tesla is snubbing Ottawa for a supercharging station altogether.

Maybe Tesla is having trouble finding a host site in Ottawa.

Maybe Watertown had a faster permitting process. Who knows.

Yes, the permitting process in Ottawa is going to be a pain in the butt (the City of Ottawa is really bad... I wish we were never amalgamated into it). But that's not true everywhere.

It's hard not to notice that the build-out of the Supercharger network is much more aggressive in the backwater parts of NY State than it is in the most populous parts of Canada.

I would like to see a push to open up Atlantic Canada with a SC at Quebec City, Grand Falls NB, Fredericton, Moncton, Truro, etc. There are four provinces out there which are currently inaccessible.

I have come to understand that Gary Bettman has a say in Supercharger placement. That's why US-95, an undivided highway connecting Reno and Vegas, gets four Superchargers, but Eastern Quebec is ignored. Vehicle traffic is a lowly 2,500 per day on 95. However, I suppose development there may be part of the Gigafactory deal.

That's why US-95, an undivided highway connecting Reno and Vegas, gets four Superchargers, but Eastern Quebec is ignored. Vehicle traffic is a lowly 2,500 per day on 95. However, I suppose development there may be part of the Gigafactory deal.

US-95 stretches north from Mexico to Canada, 1574 miles. It is largely completely supercharged now, having superchargers at: Yuma, Quartzite, Needles, Las Vegas, Beatty, Tonopah, Hawthorne, Lovelock, Winnemucca, (3 or 4 missing), and Coeur d’Alene. I don't think the Nevada stations are special, or extra, or unusual despite the low population. They're just part of a route.