Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double DIN upgrade released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the base Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57. No amp, sub, or door speakers. Mine is a 1.5 with no electronics package.

Now added:

Alpine INE-S920HD
Alpine KTP-445U "Power Pack”
Rearview camera (from Tesla)
Focal Performance PC 100 4” speakers front and back.
Focal KIT TNI 1.5 door tweeters
Double-Din dash mod.

Alpine unit included a bluetooth mike and a USB cable which I added an iPod adapter to.

The Focal IC130/PC130 are 130mm speakers. The old ones were 100mm - so that's what I kept. Has anyone installed larger speakers?

Andrew inspired me to do the same with my Roadster. I had been thinking of doing the carbon fibre upgrade for a while to dress up the interior, so when I saw an option for a double DIN upgrade with improved Alpine I decided to pull the trigger. I picked up the car from the Toronto Service Centre this afternoon. The final result was impressive - it was like getting a new car. Eli, Lisa & team did a fantastic job. And as an unexpected side benefit all the interior squeaks and rattles are gone!

Here are a few before & after shots:

BEFORE

Before 1.jpeg

Before 2.jpeg

AFTER

After 1.jpeg

After 2.jpeg

The Parrot looks great! how far are you along on installing it?

Waiting for delivery. Hopefully Friday.

Then, it goes on my bench and I'm gonna triple check every feature - make sure it does everything I need. Music, Bluetooth, apps should be fine - but a little worried about Hong Kong nav (although it has waze and google maps). People have side loaded tomtom (which would be fine), but for some bizarre reason Android tomtom doesn't list HK maps (while iOS does). I've been using waze this week, and it is surprisingly good.

Last thing to work out is reversing camera. I suspect I'll need to pull a new one as the Alpine has a very wired non-standard connector/signal.

I'm also planning on moving the iPhone up to the windscreen area.