Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Done giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt on Autopilot and adaptive cruise control- it's JUNK.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s supposed to be a safety system to prevent rear end collisions as well as maintain steady speed

You're failing to see the bigger picture here. FSD is part of a comprehensive life safety system, together with Optimus and Neuralink. Should you experience an FSD accident in the near future, you will have your head grafted to an Optimus body and your brain connected to Neuralink, allowing you to live a normal life.

No other car company can compete with FSD once Tesla synergizes Optimus with Neuralink.

People are stuck on charging and adaptive cruise control when Tesla/Elon are thinking 300 steps ahead.

Emergency Lane Departure is now off in my car. Over the weekend it tried to steer me into an oncoming lane head on into another vehicle, both of us doing about 40-45.

2 lane country road with no painted lines. No AP or TACC on, it does not allow it, wisely. Just driving along, the standard road prediction lines got all wild and jumpy, "corrective sterring applied" warning came on and I felt the car try to steer into the oncoming lane. Had to jerk medium hard to keep the car in the lane.

Usually, "Corrective Steering" errors don't actually apply any steering.

ELD score card:

About 8 activations in 2.5 years.

One legit (truck veered in my lane).
6 false, no steering applied.
1 false tried to kill me.

Not liking these odds.

• Funny
Reactions: MarkDave
You're failing to see the bigger picture here. FSD is part of a comprehensive life safety system, together with Optimus and Neuralink. Should you experience an FSD accident in the near future, you will have your head grafted to an Optimus body and your brain connected to Neuralink, allowing you to live a normal life.

No other car company can compete with FSD once Tesla synergizes Optimus with Neuralink.

People are stuck on charging and adaptive cruise control when Tesla/Elon are thinking 300 steps ahead.
I see. .was not aware! Almost makes me want that to happen.😫

• Funny
Reactions: MarkDave
Usually, "Corrective Steering" errors don't actually apply any steering.
I'm new to Tesla, but have noticed the same thing. I get a message that corrective steering was applied, but nothing seems to have happened. Usually, but I think not always, the text message is preceded by the serious-sounding audible warning. So far, there has not been any need for any corrective steering, despite what the car is thinking in its feeble little brain.

I'm new to Tesla, but have noticed the same thing. I get a message that corrective steering was applied, but nothing seems to have happened. Usually, but I think not always, the text message is preceded by the serious-sounding audible warning. So far, there has not been any need for any corrective steering, despite what the car is thinking in its feeble little brain.
I used to get those and generally it hadn't done anything except beep the warning. I always felt they were a variation on phantom braking, suddenly realizing it was not in it's lane or there was a shadow or a skid mark, response. About once in twenty of those, it would actually turn the steering wheel, generally counter clockwise and usually when a phantom vehicle suddenly and briefly appeared, usually about 2 car widths away and slightly behind, and of course there was nothing real there.

I have a 2019 Model X, and I can state that TACC has never worked correctly on it. Constant phantom braking problems, causing two very near rear-end collisions on the interstate. It is so bad that my wife and I refuse to use it as it is just too dangerous - and downright terrifying. Every so often, when I am alone in the car and on a clear highway, I give it another try after seeing some updates go by - and suffer another disappointment as the car sees some mirage and slams on the brakes.

I have complained and complained to Tesla, with either no response or a "we are training the system and improving it - fix is coming" vague promise. All I get is continual FSD updates, which no intelligent person should ever trust. Wish they would put as much effort into fixing the basics!!

Now that Tesla is basically dumping the Supercharger network, there will soon be no advantage to driving one vs its competitors. At that point, this lemon is toast. Mercedes, Volvo, and others all offer excellent adaptive cruise control systems. Just need an adequate charging network and a touch more range...