Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dogs in a Model S??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We use the 4Knines hammock for ours.

20160324_170243_01.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ModelX and msnow
Yep, that's the one. I heard the door guards were not good but I don't remember why.

Just note the warning from the company on their Amazon item page:
Not recommended for BMW's or vehicles with Auto Arrest windows or film tinted windows

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
Took our first short road trip yesterday (2 hours one-way) and the setup worked great. Put the humans' belongings in the frunk and set this up in the rear and trunk. I used a Costco doggie bed, a towel (draped over bumper for entry/exit), and this seat protector from Amazon.

Amazon.com : Dog Seat Cover for Cars, TaoTronics Pet Car Seat Covers, Dog Hammock, Slip-proof, Waterproof : Pet Supplies

IMG_5529.JPG

We did stop to stretch our legs at the Supercharger on the way home. Thankfully, there was a grassy area for him to run around a bit.

IMG_5558.JPG

• Love
Reactions: msnow and BertL
Aluminum dog crate for an aluminum car

It’s taken a while (a very long while) but I finished my custom aluminum dog crate for our Model S.

View attachment 105270
We got our MS in June 2013. One of the requirements was that it hold a crate for my German Shepherd Dog. I don’t like driving around with a dog loose in the car. I’ve built semi-custom crates for our other cars, but never one as nice or as elaborate as this one. My challenge was fitting a crate big enough for a GSD in the back of the Tesla. I built a number of mock ups out of foam core until I finally came up with one that works and seemed practical. Two years later it’s done.

View attachment 105271

View attachment 105272

View attachment 105273

[video=vimeo;149924501]
Beautiful.
Any extras for my dog?
Asked kustom krates for a quote.
BF418D90-3A6C-4018-A749-58CA60CF9079.jpeg