Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Does your 2016 Hatch button look like this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of an Aug 2016 CPO with the manual-close button on the hatchback door as shown on the these photos. Do your Model X's of that vintage look like that? This looks more like the style of the new Falcon Wing Door buttons on the B-pillars.

HatchSwitch-1.JPG

HatchSwitch-2.JPG

Great! Thanks for the input. It looks like it was the other way around from what I was thinking. Rather than the hatch door button being influence by the new FWD switches, it looks like the germ of the idea was there in the hatchback switch and they decided to apply it to the FWD switches, which I think was good idea. I had them order the new FWD switches for my car and they will have been installed by the time I get my car back from service. They look really good on the photos, so I'm looking forward to having them.

Yes, I wish at times I had the FWD new design as my parents get so confused trying to open and close those doors hehehe. I say pull the switch and they try to pull the upper part or something, pushing isn't any better. They are not intuitive (to most it seems) at all.