Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the wireless charging mat wear out easily

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly are you planning to do with it?

All Tesla expects anyone to do, is place/leave/remove a phone from the charging pad. How much wear and tear would you expect from those three actions?

It isn't none, but unless you smash your hand into it every time to put down or pick your phone, it should be "sufficient" for the life of the car.

On the flipside, let's ask this... how long have you had your M3? If you bought it new, then about 3 to 4 years, right? How have your seats held up? Little bit of surface wear, but mostly intact, right? That goes through a LOT more abuse than a charging pad.

What exactly are you planning to do with it?

All Tesla expects anyone to do, is place/leave/remove a phone from the charging pad. How much wear and tear would you expect from those three actions?

It isn't none, but unless you smash your hand into it every time to put down or pick your phone, it should be "sufficient" for the life of the car.

On the flipside, let's ask this... how long have you had your M3? If you bought it new, then about 3 to 4 years, right? How have your seats held up? Little bit of surface wear, but mostly intact, right? That goes through a LOT more abuse than a charging pad.
Thanks. I've been reading posts about the fur / surface permanently scratched because of the iPhone's camera within half year of useage. That's why I'm concerned. Not sure if it's a QC issue or common problem.

Thanks. I've been reading posts about the fur / surface permanently scratched because of the iPhone's camera within half year of useage. That's why I'm concerned. Not sure if it's a QC issue or common problem.
Its an issue with a hard object sticking out of flat surface.

I put a phone case on my phone for similar reasons. So the phone doesn't get scratched unnecessarily or conversely, scratch other things.