Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Does Tesla need a full time CEO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good question. I don't know. I'll let you assume away.

Yes, fired by the board. My point wasn't that he wasn't fired. My point was that he was fired and indeed left. You said "Are you saying that if Elon was shown the door by the board, he'd bow out gracefully and cheer the company on from the sidelines?" I'm saying that your fictitious forecast of a war did not happen.
Yes, usually when someone is fired they leave. Well, he didn't tweet much back then, did he? He certainly didn't behave the same way or was as unhinged publicly as he is now either. He attacks journalists now who slight him with factual reporting. So I'm sure you're right, he wouldn't mention Tesla again if he was fired. Or 'left' the company.

In your world when a CEO is fired, they usually stick around the company in a high level position?

In the new Elon bio he told the author about being fired (leaving) X.com/PayPal

“I was pretty angry at first,” Musk told Isaacson of his PayPal ouster. “I had thoughts of assassination running through my head.”

I think you're right, given his history he will stand behind Tesla should that happen. My apologies.

Yes, usually when someone is fired they leave. Well, he didn't tweet much back then, did he? He certainly didn't behave the same way or was as unhinged publicly as he is now either. He attacks journalists now who slight him with factual reporting. So I'm sure you're right, he wouldn't mention Tesla again if he was fired. Or 'left' the company.

In your world when a CEO is fired, they usually stick around the company in a high level position?

In the new Elon bio he told the author about being fired (leaving) X.com/PayPal

“I was pretty angry at first,” Musk told Isaacson of his PayPal ouster. “I had thoughts of assassination running through my head.”

I think you're right, given his history he will stand behind Tesla should that happen. My apologies.
I don't see him as unhinged at all. Media has gone crazy, and quite rightly deserves to be criticized.

I can see you've lost your sense of humor regarding Musk. He doesn't have a history of assassination. I think we would have heard that. I'm 56% of the way though that biography right now. I didn't read it the way you are stating as a threat not a joke. In fact he didn't even say those words until 2022 speaking to Isaacson, so you assume way too much, as I'm seeing you are prone to do.

He also said "After I got assassinated by the PayPal coup leaders, like Caesar being stabbed in the Senate, I could have said 'You guys, You suck.' But I didn't. If I'd done that, Founders Fund wouldn't have come through in 2008 and SpaceX would be dead." If you have not read the book, Founders Fund were the "assassins" themselves, led by Thiel, which saved SpaceX years later. So get some context.

And you like to draw extremes when life is more nuanced. I can't name a single CEO in history who was fired from their job and then "cheered the company on from the sidelines". I think you have unreasonable expectations for anyone in that position.

EDIT: To you question "In your world when a CEO is fired, they usually stick around the company in a high level position?" I'd say your good friend Claudine Gay did. Still making a reported $900K at Harvard.

Last edited:
I don't see him as unhinged at all. Media has gone crazy, and quite rightly deserves to be criticized.

I can see you've lost your sense of humor regarding Musk. He doesn't have a history of assassination. I think we would have heard that. I'm 56% of the way though that biography right now. I didn't read it the way you are stating as a threat not a joke. In fact he didn't even say those words until 2022 speaking to Isaacson, so you assume way too much, as I'm seeing you are prone to do.

He also said "After I got assassinated by the PayPal coup leaders, like Caesar being stabbed in the Senate, I could have said 'You guys, You suck.' But I didn't. If I'd done that, Founders Fund wouldn't have come through in 2008 and SpaceX would be dead." If you have not read the book, Founders Fund were the "assassins" themselves, led by Thiel, which saved SpaceX years later. So get some context.

And you like to draw extremes when life is more nuanced. I can't name a single CEO in history who was fired from their job and then "cheered the company on from the sidelines". I think you have unreasonable expectations for anyone in that position.
I wouldn't expect any CEO (I'm glad we are saying fired now) who left a company to cheer them on. But Elon would go scorched Earth. If you need some examples of the people he's attacked on Twitter, I'm sure you could find a few if you looked.

That cave diver who helped rescue those kids made one mild rebuke towards Elon and that ended up with Elon going after him online and a court case resulted. So you think he'd handle being fired better than that? Ok.