Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you think Tesla will bring back Sunroof option again this year 2019?

When will Panoramic Roof/Sunroof come back for Model S?

• This year 2019

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Next year 2020

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • Year 2021

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Never...

Votes: 49 62.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the Model S and the current Raven with 345 Miles and Performance at $99K seems a good deal. I would love to turn in S75D from 2016 and purchase Model S despite there is no change in exterior , even with small tax credit $1875. I have been waiting for the refresh but I don't feel it's coming until like 2021 at least.

But I will very miss the panoramic roof, which is a big deal to me. Already we are missing the FUSC, which is a big hit too.

I know Tesla wants to reduce the configurations to minimize the cost but without this, I don't feel much it's same exhilarating experience with Model S with sunroof.

Anyone else waiting for this dearly? Surely, I am not alone, right???

I also miss the Silver metallic. Come on Tesla....:(

Last edited:
Reactions: jlv1 and plumazul
Correction: The Performance model has a range of 345 miles, not 370.

I've never really liked sunroofs, where I live it's just humid and it feels disgusting to have unconditioned outside air in. Plus I like the glass roof that isn't broken into 2

Thanks. Just fixed it. Still awesome range for 345 miles. That's like 300 miles of driving comfortably in one charge. Plenty enough, less time in charging.

Correction: The Performance model has a range of 345 miles, not 370.

I've never really liked sunroofs, where I live it's just humid and it feels disgusting to have unconditioned outside air in. Plus I like the glass roof that isn't broken into 2

Interesting. I remember seeing a data table before that when it was an option, whether people liked it or not, something like 76% chose to buy it for $1500~$2000 more. At least having an option will not hurt than regret.

Depends on where you live. If you live where it's hot and not too humid, the Pano is great when parked. Open at 15% (a little tricky) and it will release a lot of the heat (the vent mode doesn't have nearly enough airflow). More than 15% lets in water if it rains. If you live where it's high handily or colder, you'll likely thing the Pano roof is a pain, just like any other hole in the roof. It's also great when camping if you also have the optional screens to keep the bugs out.

No idea if or when they will bring it back again, but without it, you might as well get an X.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Also, with the sunroof came the option of satellite radio. I take lots of road trips away from populated areas where streaming stops working, and have sat radio would be great. If they have an updated S with sunroof+XM, I'd be seriously considering an upgrade. I currently have the 100D, and a 400 mile range would be great. There is 1 section of NV that would be tricky to traverse with my car.

I love the Model S and the current Raven with 345 Miles and Performance at $99K seems a good deal. I would love to turn in S75D from 2016 and purchase Model S despite there is no change in exterior , even with small tax credit $1875. I have been waiting for the refresh but I don't feel it's coming until like 2021 at least.

But I will very miss the panoramic roof, which is a big deal to me. Already we are missing the FUSC, which is a big hit too.

I know Tesla wants to reduce the configurations to minimize the cost but without this, I don't feel much it's same exhilarating experience with Model S with sunroof.

Anyone else waiting for this dearly? Surely, I am not alone, right???

I also miss the Silver metallic. Come on Tesla....:(

I will not even think about replacing my current Model S until the sunroof returns. The lack of the 72 amp charger I currently have is also a sore point.

Reactions: jlv1 and Maximilien
I am off lease in December. Will likely buy a used used 2018 Long Range for a number of reasons with one of them being the sunroof. In Chicago the sun is a precious gift afforded by nature for a short time. If it isn’t raining or over 95 degrees I have mine open all the time spring to fall. And it’s a huge sunroof which is awesome.

Critically speaking, asking $80,000 for a car and not making a sunroof available is ridiculous. Our Subaru has one. And it’s just about as ridiculous as spending $50k on a 3 and not getting a power gate. Oh, the $35k Subaru has that too. o_O