Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do any HW4 Vehicles have FSD Beta activated ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2022 Model x - that had FSD Beta activated for a 2023 Model X Plaid - with HW4. Sort of disappointed that I went from a working FSD beta vehicle to one that is "waiting for a future update". Help me understand, have any HW4 vehicles had their FSD Beta activated? Does anyone have any insight on time frame for deployment ? I am on Version 2023.20.9. Thanks for any input - it is appreciated.
BHB

2023.32.1 is newer than any of the FSD Beta releases, so you’re going to have to wait a while. For future reference, don’t install builds that are newer than the latest FSD Beta build.

what should i do then? just let it download and then wait when new version comes out and re-downloads atop the downloaded version?

i was on 26.9, thought 26.11 will download (with 11.4.4) but got 32.1 instead

Upvote 0
what should i do then? just let it download and then wait when new version comes out and re-downloads atop the downloaded version?

Yes. A download not installed can be overwritten but once installed there is no going back. Personally i wait a couole of weeks before installing new software so i can read about the new bugs here first, then deciding whether to update. Strange process they have.

We're you subscribed to FSD at the time of the download? Seems curious why they would even offer a non-FSD version to a subscriber.

Reactions: kermit1492
Upvote 0

It’s possible that 32.1 does have FSD Beta but TeslaFi doesn’t show that yet. I’ve noticed that some of the 26.x versions that were originally shown on TeslaFi without FSD Beta are now showing it. However, even if 32.1 does have FSD Beta, it would need to be 11.4.x to work with HW4.

Note that both the car and the app tell you which version is being downloaded, so you never have to guess. If you accidentally download a version that you don’t want, just don’t install it. You’ll get prompted to install every time you get in the car, but it won’t be installed, and eventually will be replaced with the next update. I’m not sure, however, that if you download 32.1 but don’t install it, that you’ll ever get another update that is older than 32.1. You might, but I don’t know.

Reactions: kermit1492
Upvote 0
I’m on 26.9 too. Been on it for 10 days now, which is a non-beta build for HW4 cars.

It’s INCORRECT that you’ll get .10 or .11 “within a few days“ as you could wait multiple weeks. I’ve read some posters that say you need over 1,000 miles to get the FSD Beta build but I’m not sure if that’s true or not.

Upvote 0
I subscribed to FSD on 8/27 hoping to get FSD Beta for my HW4 Model S before an upcoming road trip. The only update I’ve received since then is 2023.26.9, so no FSD Beta yet. If I don’t get it before the trip starts, I’ll cancel the subscription, since my car won’t have access to WiFi on the trip.

Upvote 0
2023.32.4 is showing FSD 11.4.4 on TeslaFI. Only one car though, so it might be a bug.
Yeah, could be a bug fix I hope. I picked up my MYLR 3rd week in August. Started having camera issues, autodrive is disabled, and of course no FSD, let alone FSDb.
Service told me is should be fixed in 2023.32 that might come out soon.
I saw the lone MY on Teslafi, so if it's a bug fix, I should get that update right away, right? I mean Tesla wouldn't want me to have a vehicle that is not working correctly, right? (Snark)

Upvote 0
I subscribed to FSD on 8/27 hoping to get FSD Beta for my HW4 Model S before an upcoming road trip. The only update I’ve received since then is 2023.26.9, so no FSD Beta yet. If I don’t get it before the trip starts, I’ll cancel the subscription, since my car won’t have access to WiFi on the trip.
Got 2023.32.4 with FSD Beta 11.4.4 last, just in time for the road trip. 🙂

Upvote 0
Got 32.4 today, and after a bunch of miles, one of the annoying things is the car activates the blinkers unnecessarily. Driving slow in the right lane in FSD, sometimes it thinks it wants to do a lane change and it triggers the signal to the right. stops and signals again and hesitates lol... Kinda embarrassing thinking who does that with the blinkers?

Reactions: pinolero
Upvote 0
Got 32.4 today, and after a bunch of miles, one of the annoying things is the car activates the blinkers unnecessarily. Driving slow in the right lane in FSD, sometimes it thinks it wants to do a lane change and it triggers the signal to the right. stops and signals again and hesitates lol... Kinda embarrassing thinking who does that with the blinkers?
Been testing it out and getting crazy ghost turns even on repeat trips. Putting my part in for the greater good.

Upvote 0