Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found matching MYLR5 W/B / 19" in Cleveland, OH, called SA, he was able to add it to my account immediately.

I was told to pickup vehicle from Cleveland since the vehicle is for local delivery only and they can't bring it to Indiana.

Got VIN, it is Fremont, completed Insurance and waiting for pickup date.

Not sure if it is required to buy insurance for my Model Y, but I provided my existing vehicle insurance from Geico.

I received the "...great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize...."
I've seen some people say this is a general mass text message.

For people who have received this - have you found this to be accurate? How soon after the text did you receive your VIN?
The first reports of a generic text like this were Friday, February 17 so too early to know the accuracy. It seems like it was mostly MYP order holders that received it. Contrary to popular belief I haven’t noticed many MYP’s get VIN’s unless they were inventory cars. We certainly haven’t appeared to get VIN assignment priority over MYLR orders. There’s a few of use that ordered MYP’s Jan 13 & 14 that are still waiting for VIN’s.

MYLR, MSM, Black,19" Gemini
OD: Jan 17 - EDD: Jan - Mar 31
Updated EDD (1/26): Feb 11- Mar 11
Updated EDD (2/12): Feb 22 - Mar 8
VIN: 2/16, 7:01 AM
DD: 2/16, 9:01 AM
Pickup: 2/21

This morning I picked up my car. I went half an hour earlier and checked out the car from outside. The car looked perfectly fine except for a couple of scuff marks and a minor scratch. The sales advisor took the car inside the shop and got back in a couple of minutes, perfectly buffed. The interior was perfect. The trim on the right wheel well was not seated well and the SA opened a service call for that. The odometer has 3 miles on it. Overall, I'm happy with the delivery process and the car.

I got a lot of useful information from this forum and thank everyone! I wish the best for those are waiting for your MY!
vin? PA???

Reactions: estebanofarrel
No not yet.

Still not yet.

Hang on a sec...

Nope still not yet.
YES NOW! Ha I was joking earlier but I just got a VIN assignment AND delivery text.

OOD: 1/22 MYLR Blue/white/tow
Upgraded 2/3 to MYP blue/white/tow
EDD: Feb 23-Mar 23
VIN assigned today 2/21 and delivery immediately scheduled for 2/25
Los Angeles

Last edited:
Demo car for a full price + without respecting my order price 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 3.39.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 3.39.22 PM.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 111
I received the "...great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize...."
I've seen some people say this is a general mass text message.

For people who have received this - have you found this to be accurate? How soon after the text did you receive your VIN?
I got the same message. I'm opting for the "hope for the best, plan for the worst" mentality.

Reactions: ATG1 and michael_st
Change tires to 20". It is helping a lot of people. You could be lucky too
Not saying this is not true, however, I spoke to my SA and she said this is just a coincidence. If one comes into inventory and happens to be there, one might get it. She did confirm that if the car matches your order that the RN can be attached to that car and you end up paying for the original contracted price plus the cost of, for example, larger tires.

That sound right?

Reactions: samJTes
Not saying this is not true, however, I spoke to my SA and she said this is just a coincidence. If one comes into inventory and happens to be there, one might get it. She did confirm that if the car matches your order that the RN can be attached to that car and you end up paying for the original contracted price plus the cost of, for example, larger tires.

That sound right?
Yes, this is what I was told by SA as well.

Reactions: Yomanjm

That sound right?
That sounds right but it depends on case to case basis I guess. Because I found a car in inventory and tried to link it to my RN but they said I will have to pay the price difference. I am just super unlucky as is so I don't take it seriously. My guy said he will get back to me but now the car is gone from the inventory. I am very sure someone else got it before me 🥲😂

Reactions: slyderz3
Hey All, can't remember if this was already stated in the thread here but it looks like Tesla financing terms are good for 60 days. I have an ODD of 1/22 and immediately did financing as well as any and all delivery steps that I could after ordering. I texted the 510 number this morning and asked what I should expect given that my latest EDD is 3/12-3/31 (MYLR-MSM/Black-Tow-19). Someone at the number wrote back and clarified for me that the terms are good through the end of March (roughly 60 days).

Reactions: kwhaley29
Yes, this is what I was told by SA as well.
I was able to get my SA to transfer inventory car I ordered on 2/14 to 2/3 order - price was automatically adjusted based on 2/3 price (after the first $500 increase for MYLR). It’s definitely YMMV, as the first one I spoke said no, but the second one made it happen. I would lose $250 on the second order placed on 2/14, but that’s a small price to pay.

Reactions: Yomanjm
I need suggestion.
I have ordered MODELYLR WHITE/BLACK/ 19 inch on 01/25.
today I saw one in inventory with WHITE/BLACK/20 INCH/ TOW HITCH.
I have quickly called Tesla to assign it to me , the odometer is 15 and it is on the way to Seattle . Delivery is scheduled for 28th feb, its Fremont build. Should I take the delivery or should I wait for standard version? is it worth to spend $3k for tax credit. Does all Fremont build car have Matrix lights?
i did something similar...had to upgrade to 20" but feel spending 2k to lock in the extra 3750 is a good investment

I got the message as well. I will now be checking the app 50x per hour vs my normal 5x per hour.
you should do what I do and use chrome on desktop, go to your Tesla account dashboard, and use an auto refresh extension to look for changes in the webpage/ source code lol. That way it notifies you if there are any changes without personally having to check every so often!

Last edited: