Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What an amazing car. Been driving it as much as I can get away with, which means less time for TMC... :)

Here's a pic of #4242 from her photoshoot today.

tesla photoshoot 061-TMC edit.jpg

More here: matt misener's photos | Tesla Week 2013!

Matt, nice photos! Congrad!

You don't have TPMS with your snow rims, right? Do that warning "Service Tire Pressure System" goes away after a while?

Correct. The message does not go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Your wheels look gorgeouS!

Thanks! I may get a 2nd set for summer. IMO they look better than the grey 21's. (and are almost 12lbs lighter for each wheel!) :)

We picked up our Model S this morning, and signed over the ownership of Roadster #909 as a trade in :crying: I was sad for a moment or two, but once we got out on the road in the 'S', my Tesla grin returned. :biggrin:
It has been snowing for most of the day since we got the car, but that didn't stop us driving it everywhere, including doing demo rides to the staff at a local "big three" car dealership when I dropped off another car that I have sold to reduce the size of our fleet! They were blown away by the performance, features and quiet of the Model S.

So far, everything is going quite well. Remaining items to be delivered include the HPWC, parcel shelf, and some rework of the paint armour.

These forums have been very helpful, particularly with tips about setting up HomeLink. I'll work to get some photos posted in the next few days.

Apparently, due to MTO issues, there are no green plates for the 2013 Model S for a month while they sort things out?? They will issue temporary blue plates for us in the meantime. So my delivery is on for tomorrow. Looks like I will be the first general production delivery in Ontario. :smile: I can't believe this is finally going to happen!!!
When is MTO expecting to have the green plates again? So, we can't ride on HOV lane?

My understanding is that the "2013 Model S" has not been entered into the MTO database as an Electric Vehicle in Ontario. They have to make this change in their IT systems, and then we will be able to get green plates. I was trying to move my green Roadster plates over to the Model S, and couldn't even do that. From the look of the Ownership paperwork, they have called the car a 4 cylinder Gas powered vehicle.
Hopefully this wont take long to resolve.

Almost! Mine is still in Toronto but soon on its way to Montreal. I am starting to plan long distance trips, possibly Myrtle Beach in March and Toronto in June ...

Vin 4044. delivery window : jan 27th - feb 10th, missed

Thanks agileone. Keeping faith on my end. I'm looking 2-3 times a day in My Tesla Dashboard to see if I get the Finalize order button.

I too will plan a quick free trip to Toronto in the summer. Hopefully the SC will in operation.

My understanding is that the "2013 Model S" has not been entered into the MTO database as an Electric Vehicle in Ontario. They have to make this change in their IT systems, and then we will be able to get green plates. I was trying to move my green Roadster plates over to the Model S, and couldn't even do that. From the look of the Ownership paperwork, they have called the car a 4 cylinder Gas powered vehicle.
Hopefully this wont take long to resolve.
Me too. Given that the 2013 Model S is not on their approved list, so are they able to apply and take off the $8,500 rebate / incentive off your final payment?

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/electric/ev-vehicle-list.shtml

What an amazing car. Been driving it as much as I can get away with, which means less time for TMC... :)

Me too! And I decided to go on an adventure with it only 2 days old. I am up near Huntsville experiencing the fact that 110v doesn't cut it in the cold and can only keep up with battery warming/phantom load. No real worries as I can stop again at the Sun Country highway 90 amp (69 is what I was getting) charger in Orillia. I stopped there and charged up for 3 hours on the way up and had dinner. The restaurant is very nice and the food was fantastic. I was a little worried I didn't get the twin chargers in my car as it was not listed on my vehicle sticker. I think a charging rate of 64 km / hour confirms I do have the twin chargers? Hakka R's are great in the cold sticky snow so far. I am experiencing fogging issue but Toronto has the retrofit louvre in stock. Also one of my door handle lights doesn't come on intermittently signalling it won't open when you pull on it. These can be fixed. Car is fabulous, I love it. The first hour I had it somebody at the grocery store asked if my Maserati has an engine made by Ferrari. Then somebody gave me the thumbs up at a light. Later a white Models S drove by me which is the first one I have seen on the road. Yesterday a signature red parked beside mine in Caledon. Here they come!

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. Given that the 2013 Model S is not on their approved list, so are they able to apply and take off the $8,500 rebate / incentive off your final payment?

They can't apply yet until this issue is resolved in a month. Tesla fills out the form and sends it in for you and the money is sent to you directly. They don't discount it from your purchase price.

Me too! And I decided to go on an adventure with it only 2 days old. I am up near Huntsville experiencing the fact that 110v doesn't cut it in the cold and can only keep up with battery warming/phantom load. No real worries as I can stop again at the Sun Country highway 90 amp (69 is what I was getting) charger in Orillia. I stopped there and charged up for 3 hours on the way up and had dinner. The restaurant is very nice and the food was fantastic. I was a little worried I didn't get the twin chargers in my car as it was not listed on my vehicle sticker. I think a charging rate of 64 km / hour confirms I do have the twin chargers? Hakka R's are great in the cold sticky snow so far. I am experiencing fogging issue but Toronto has the retrofit louvre in stock. Also one of my door handle lights doesn't come on intermittently signalling it won't open when you pull on it. These can be fixed. Car is fabulous, I love it. The first hour I had it somebody at the grocery store asked if my Maserati has an engine made by Ferrari. Then somebody gave me the thumbs up at a light. Later a white Models S drove by me which is the first one I have seen on the road. Yesterday a signature red parked beside mine in Caledon. Here they come!
For sure you have the twin chargers installed. Otherwise, you wouldn't be getting 69A nor 69km/h charge rate. Or else, you will only be getting ~ 40A or 40km/h

Why the Toronto service center did not install the retrofit before you take delivery?

Last edited:
"I am experiencing fogging issue but Toronto has the retrofit louvre in stock"

Is this 100% confirmed? This is the first I've heard of them being available anywhere

From Toronto: "The new front vent upgrade has arrived at the Toronto service centre, but we have yet to install any (they literally arrived yesterday). Montreal should also be getting enough stock to perform this upgrade on cars in the area. "