Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it has me regretting my midnight silver metallic šŸ˜…. Iā€™m assuming even though I donā€™t have a VIN, that since I donā€™t have the ability to edit the order on the website that thereā€™s no option to change without losing my deposit?
I would just try giving Tesla a call. They might still be able to on their side without having to create a new order for you (and not lose your place in the queue). And if you had a referral credit, make sure that stays on it as well.

(888) ā€51-TESLA or (888) ā€518-3752

Very cool! šŸ‘

I was resigned to using the typical CarMax, CarFax, online buyer sites since Tesla's trade-in pricing sucks, but this might be worthwhile for a few extra thousand. I hear FB Marketplace works well for many and this helps weed out the scammers.
Facebook Scammers are so funny...
(No profile photos, added 2023, no likes, no car questions, etc...

So, I just have fun with them.
It's like amazing how little effort they put into this stuff...

But yea, that KeySavvy place seems legit. I'd been looking for a service just like that for years now.
Protect seller and buyer.

FunnySale.png

I would just try giving Tesla a call. They might still be able to on their side without having to create a new order for you (and not lose your place in the queue). And if you had a referral credit, make sure that stays on it as well.

(888) ā€51-TESLA or (888) ā€518-3752
I did this for my MS back in 2021. They told me that any change to your order was essentially like placing a new order, but you would not lose the deposit. So be prepared to only get today's referral bonus and get put to the back of the line for delivery if you want to make a change.

Is it just me or does there seem be almost no VIN's being assigned? Looking back a few pages the VIN's are still from 9/1-9/3. Seems to be moving at a glacial pace.

edit: My 10/1 order (poverty spec) has said November-December for a week and just updated to December 17th-February 11th.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
@awd_rails
Thanks for your quick response. My SA walked me through the registration process on the 30th and I'm almost certain the above screen showed as above.

As you said, the above Screen no longer appears on my Registration page, only that I am trading in my 2016 MX. However my SA assured me in a subsequent email that the FSD transfer was approved.

I guess I'll have to settle for that, but I'd rather see something "official", in writing.
LOL, they just emailed me the FSD Transfer Agreement to sign now. And the Operations Advisor at the delivery center just called me to confirm receipt of the agreement and needs to be signed and email back to be on file with the purchase.

FYI, they'll only send that to you once you have a VIN since the receiving vehicle's VIN must be included in the form. And it seems like they'll send that out to you as part of prep for delivery, i.e. a few days (~2-3?) before your scheduled delivery date.

Reactions: Pricedm and Saxman
I finally have a delivery date on 10/19. Ordered on 9/3. Any advice on what you guys did for making the down payment? My preference is to wait until I have a chance to inspect the vehicle. TIA
The delivery center just called me to confirm final stuff for delivery in 2 days. I confirmed with him that I can make the down payment in the Tesla app at time of delivery. Other option is to bring a cashier's check for the down payment amount with you to delivery.

I plan on just hitting the pay button in the app after I've inspected the vehicle, and then show them the confirmed payment.

Sub $80k VIN's really seem to have slowed down in the past week from what I've seen.....

Outside the few reported Plaid VIN's maybe this is the 2024 switchover? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
šŸ‘€
Is it just me or does there seem be almost no VIN's being assigned? Looking back a few pages the VIN's are still from 9/1-9/3. Seems to be moving at a glacial pace.

edit: My 10/1 order (poverty spec) has said November-December for a week and just updated to December 17th-February 11th.

Yup, mentioned that yesterday.... Still waiting on a 9/4 order VIN myself. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: Fleer
Tesla might be trying to maximize profits as the Plaid probably makes them the most money.
Doubt it, actually. Almost zero plaids had gotten VINs until this week (post price drop orders) whereas LRs have been pretty steady in deliveries.

I've also got doubts that they really make much more on the plaid with only a $3500 delta from the 6 seat and hardware differences plaid gains (extra motor, slightly improved brakes, and better motor tech (carbon wrapping)). Whether the 6 seat config is really worth $6500 more than the five is another story, but there are hardware differences for that extra cash. Do they make more profit per unit? Maybe. But the mid-2021 days of delivering Model S plaids first because they were $40k more are gone.

Doubt it, actually. Almost zero plaids had gotten VINs until this week (post price drop orders) whereas LRs have been pretty steady in deliveries.

I've also got doubts that they really make much more on the plaid with only a $3500 delta from the 6 seat and hardware differences plaid gains (extra motor, slightly improved brakes, and better motor tech (carbon wrapping)). Whether the 6 seat config is really worth $6500 more than the five is another story, but there are hardware differences for that extra cash. Do they make more profit per unit? Maybe. But the mid-2021 days of delivering Model S plaids first because they were $40k more are gone.
Agreed. I think they did a batch of Plaids for those who ordered the first few days of September because there was a brief influx of VINs but that seems to have stopped. Seems overall VIN assignment as a whole has slowed and now weā€™re seeing dates being pushed back.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Agreed. I think they did a batch of Plaids for those who ordered the first few days of September because there was a brief influx of VINs but that seems to have stopped. Seems overall VIN assignment as a whole has slowed and now weā€™re seeing dates being pushed back.
My date was actually pushed forward by a week a week ago. From Nov 21 to Nov 14 EDD. Hasnā€™t changed since.

I think the dates have only been pushed back for those who ordered towards end of Sept.

Tesla might be keeping the Nov Dec delivery date on their website to spur more orders that might be cancelled later if they donā€™t get it delivered by Dec 31. Tesla gets to keep the $250 anyways.

Last edited: