Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decreasing P85D range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 p85D 69k cpo

90pct was at 201 miles

getting my battery replaced as we speak and supposedly will be getting a 90kwh.
Took 4 attempts of servicing and complaints

I have a 2015 P85D, 44K miles, lifetime 349wh/m
90% - 200miles rated
100% - 220 miles rated
Had 242 miles @100% one day, the next day it would only charge up to 220 miles.
Tesla said it's normal degradation which is B.S.
I can understand it degrading a few miles here and there but 22mile lost in a week and been the same since, no way.
That firmware upgrade a few months ago did something.
Teslafi shows only 69kwh of 85kwh battery is being used.

I have a 2015 P85D, 44K miles, lifetime 349wh/m
90% - 200miles rated
100% - 220 miles rated
Had 242 miles @100% one day, the next day it would only charge up to 220 miles.
Tesla said it's normal degradation which is B.S.
I can understand it degrading a few miles here and there but 22mile lost in a week and been the same since, no way.
That firmware upgrade a few months ago did something.
Teslafi shows only 69kwh of 85kwh battery is being used.

OUCH

My 2015 P85D has 51K miles and lifetime 349 Wh/m
90% - 223 miles rated (consistent)
100% ~ 248 miles rated (estimated since its been many months since I charged to 100%)
Fortunately the firmware upgrade a couple of months ago didn't give me any BatteryGate issues... but it did seem to give me ChargeGate issues (only 115kW when I initially plug into SuperCharger... then drops to 80kW or less. Seems like it used to charge at 150kW initially then keep its charge rate up ~ 110kW. Now SuperCharging seems to take much longer, especially if I have to charge to 100% (which fortunately is VERY rare).

Below my P85D charging on my home's gen1 HPWC on a 100A circuit.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_557f.jpg

Here is an update.
They replaced my battery with another 85kwh battery.
It they have been trying to update the firmware with tour success for the past 4 days and they don't know when they can fix it. They keep saying tomorrow. They even went to replace the DC to DC cable or whatever that brings power to and from the battery.

I keep getting software failed messages. Lol.
Just buy it back already.

Can I please get a sanity check...

Bought a 2014 S85 3 weeks ago with 112k miles on it (now has 114,100 miles on it).

Fully charged I am getting 223 miles at 100% charged (have only charged to 100% once and drove it straight afterwards).

Weather is not cold yet (UK) so I’m thinking this is a bit low for rated miles for an S85 battery. I did get back 10 miles overnight on a recent update for V10 that was sent out. Car was on V10 when I bought it.

Bit worried after coming from a 33kwh i3 which always did 120 miles (I know .... very different cars range wise).

Do I have a case for new battery as this seems a bit low for an S85 even with 114k miles

Hey everyone a quick update.

finally got the car back after in service for 12 days.
They did end up replacing the battery pack. Supervisor and everyone kept telling me that a 85kwh was installed. They kept having issues updating the firmware.

Well, picked her up today and what do you know it says P90D on the dash, 261 miles at 96pct charge.

Then I went inside before leaving to confirm why it says P90D, not that I dare, then they confirmed that oh yea a 90kwh battery was installed.
So now I need to see what range it has at 100pct. And which version they stuck in there.

Range, last night I drove 52 miles from Daytona home. I had a 75 mile charge. I almost didn't get home. It used 70 miles ton go 52.
I was down to 50 mph to get home. My range has now gone to the point it takes 25 extra mile just to go 50 miles. Since v9 my range has gone way down,, and charge times doubled.