Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decided to sell my new BMW X5 and buy a Model S, crazy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no 85 any more:) seems AWD will be a standard equipment in future ~

You should get the 85kwh (90 is probably not worth the extra cost, unless you have money to burn). You will regret not having the extra range. AWD makes sense.

I don't think perf is worth it, because there's just few opportunities to go that fast; I went back and forth about that before I got my 85d, but I don't regret it now. Some people want to have the fastest version of a car, almost any car, but that doesn't really matter to me.

Also, test drive one immediately if you haven't done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the valuable info~
Not Crazy at all. We have a 2012 X5 and are expecting our Model X 90D this summer. The X5 gave us many problems and at 43K miles it feels it's falling apart. It was leaking engine oil. The water pump just died 1 month ago. One turning light dead. The power steering is leaking fluid and the AC blower motor is giving out huge whining noises. Maybe it has something to do with X5 being assembled in US. My other 2009 BMW 335i didn't have this much problems (albeit one of its axle was replaced at 3rd year).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, What a nice looking car!

Actually, I get it. The Tesla experience is the first truest "new car" experience in a generation or two. The car is so different, it may become part of your persona. Everything else is just old gas-powered tech, with gas-powered tech characteristics (slow, smelly, noisy, etc)

I am seven months into my P85D, and I feel like I keep getting a new car every other month. On that note, I am dropping the car off for a Ludacrous upgrade this Thursday, but with the autopilot functionality, the over-the-air dashboard redesign, improved AC, better proximity (over the air) to the key fob, the new-ness keeps coming with continual upgrades. You really feel like you are driving the future.

The Tesla sales model and on-going relationship is solid -- (But It isn't all perfect... I am still miffed about 691 HP advertisements for the P85D that didn't ring completely true.)

I also love the pearl white... I selected it as well. It is as beautiful as the day I got her. I would highlight recommend the upgraded stereo, but would skip the premium interior as the leather doors wear (my opinion). I also suggest a black headliner -- really makes the experience more sporty. Suggest you consider XPEL and Opticoat Pro to seal her up...

View attachment 110515

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to do a compare between these two audios, but all of the cars in store are upgraded to hifi system...
the saleman just turn down the bass to simulate the basic audio, but it also sounds not bad to me :)

Haven't been on in a while, but just saw your audio question. DEFINITELY get the audio upgrade in the MS - sounds great overall. It does tend to match the HK system in X5, or sound a bit better. Without it, the MS audio stinks.

how's it going with the move from the X5 to the MS? I'm about to do the same thing, selling or trading in my 2014 X5 Diesel for a 90D, got a good deal on a demo car from Tesla brining the 90D down to what I would have spent on ordering a 70D. We have 2 kids, both in rear facing seats so was afraid about giving up the SUV but had one as a loaner for a couple days and the MS seemed to have just as much if not more space than our X5.

One thing I'll miss is being able to tow with the X5 but really only do that 3-5 times a year so will just borrow someone's SUV or rent something I guess...

Sorry for delaying, not noticed the post.

Just got my 70D in last weekend (3/19), the overall experience is awesome~
I have one kid now so didn't order the rear facing seats.
The car is as spacious as X5! except the height of the space, so it's totally enough for my family now.
I only thing I miss from X5 is the surround view :)

btw. it's worth to waiting until next month, missed the slipstream wheels & center console (though I love the open space) updates :(

how's it going with the move from the X5 to the MS? I'm about to do the same thing, selling or trading in my 2014 X5 Diesel for a 90D, got a good deal on a demo car from Tesla brining the 90D down to what I would have spent on ordering a 70D. We have 2 kids, both in rear facing seats so was afraid about giving up the SUV but had one as a loaner for a couple days and the MS seemed to have just as much if not more space than our X5.

One thing I'll miss is being able to tow with the X5 but really only do that 3-5 times a year so will just borrow someone's SUV or rent something I guess...