Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Daytime running lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it does. Park in a garage, and/or near a wall in front of the car with low lighting. You can check by turning the headlights off manually, and then putting the car in Drive with the brake applied. you should be able to see each side DRL illuminated against the wall. Alternatively, have someone stand in front of the car to see if they are on.

Don't forget to turn the headlights back to Auto.

Last edited:
I guess I will have to wait for a sunny day to be sure. After I turn the lights OFF, as soon as I put it in drive, the lights go on and when I check the lights setting, it changed to Auto. I'm not sure if those lights are the DRL. I think they are probably going on now because it is dark and raining out. Might have to wait a couple more days to do a real test. Which lights are the DRL? Just the regular headlights? Or the "eyelid" lights? Or something else? The manual doesn't make it clear (that I could find).

I'll have to do that test. Thanks.

So is there no dash indicator of DRL? Nothing on the little car icon either?
I don't think the car icon shows DRL and I do not know of any other indications. When the headlights come on because they have changed back to auto (my 2020 does not do this), just turn them off again. The DRL should still be illuminated. The eyebrows are the DRL.

If range mode is enabled, the DRL will not illuminate.

Range Mode (if equipped) conserves energy by limiting the power of the climate control system and turns off the signature lights. Turn Range Mode on by touching Controls > Driving > Range Mode.When turned on in an All-Wheel Drive vehicle, Range Mode also optimizes torque distribution between the motors to maximize range.