Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cory Johnson: Perpetual $TSLA Cynic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model 3 to Unveil for $35K

Classic.

I couldn't understand why the stock price did not pop 5-10% today given the crazy lines for the Model 3. But this little gem helps shed some light.

I think this sums up the bear case on why x00,000 Model 3 reservations just means Tesla faces x00,000 more challenges in the future. Apologies in advance for anyone who watches for the 5:30 of your life you will never get back. But for those who were waiting in long lines today and kicking themselves for not buying TSLA stock sooner, please remember to thank Cory and other like-minded folks for keeping that opportunity alive for just a little bit longer :)

Apparently short interest *increased* today. There are some people pouring money into betting against Tesla. Lotta people gonna lose a lot of money. I suspect they can keep it up until sometime after Model 3 deliveries are going at high volume in 2018. They're going to be forced to bail out then...

Cory Johnson continues his Tesla hate. Probably has something personal against Elon?

Why Customers Rushed to Order Tesla’s Model 3

Beginning of the thing, he makes fun of how "at least the reveal started on time", which was somehow part of the big news that analysts mentioned. Then, a little in the middle he tries to bring up "Model S reliability issues that would be front page news for any other car company". Then again tries to keep bringing up how "Tesla is always late and I have a spreadsheet on how late they are". Then says "Tesla burns $900M of cash a year" and has only "8 more weeks of runway". Finally, he seems to even offend the person he's interviewing by suggesting that Tesla raises money from "banks whose analysts give Tesla favourable reports". Even the fellow he's interviewing calls Cory out on it and asks why he's even trying to go there in the interview.

Cory Johnson continues his Tesla hate. Probably has something personal against Elon?

Why Customers Rushed to Order Tesla’s Model 3

Beginning of the thing, he makes fun of how "at least the reveal started on time", which was somehow part of the big news that analysts mentioned. Then, a little in the middle he tries to bring up "Model S reliability issues that would be front page news for any other car company". Then again tries to keep bringing up how "Tesla is always late and I have a spreadsheet on how late they are". Then says "Tesla burns $900M of cash a year" and has only "8 more weeks of runway". Finally, he seems to even offend the person he's interviewing by suggesting that Tesla raises money from "banks whose analysts give Tesla favourable reports". Even the fellow he's interviewing calls Cory out on it and asks why he's even trying to go there in the interview.

My hope is he is short the stock.

You should see his face when the squeeze happened in 2013. He couldn't hide it eventhough he was on camera. He was about to burst out in tears.

I hope he shorted again at some point thinking that the stock peaked out. No matter where he shorted he will lose big time (yet again).