Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Constant clicking noise from the front of the car while charging at home on 32a/240v (video link provided)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, before anything I've checked the list of "normal" noises on the Tesla website, as well as tried to find other examples of the same type of noise, but can't seem to find any answers.

Just got home and plugged my model 3 in and noticed it started to make this clicking noise coming from the front of the car:

Is this a normal noise I can expect during charging? I only got the car last week. It's a 2022 with 45,000 miles. If it's not normal I'll make a service appointment and hopefully it's something warranty will cover..

that doesn't seem normal. Sounds a bit like a fan hitting its shroud.
Took it to the service centre and this is what they said..

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0
Well, I'd either remove that open and closing system they're talking about or get that actuator properly secured. It might not be the problem, but it could be.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if the noise returned since they couldn't reproduce the problem. If you're lucky, it was just some debris in a fan and it's gone now.

Upvote 0
Well, I'd either remove that open and closing system they're talking about or get that actuator properly secured. It might not be the problem, but it could be.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if the noise returned since they couldn't reproduce the problem. If you're lucky, it was just some debris in a fan and it's gone now.

So, I'm an idiot - my frunk opens and closes automatically and I did not know that this wasn't an OEM feature; the previous owner had installed one of those actuator kits. I guess the module/harness for that was not installed correctly.

To be honest I'm a little relieved that it's nothing to worry about; the service center was nice enough to find a way to secure it so that it wasn't dangling anymore and not charge me anything, and just chalked it up to the fact that it was my first Tesla and I didn't know any better

Upvote 0