Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whining noise from front of car, does it sound normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I recently bought a 2021 Model 3 LR and I've been loving it but I have found a noise quite annoying and I'm wondering if it's normal. It's a sort of whining that comes from the front of the car and is linked to the speed I'm doing. Accelerating or regen doesn't effect it, it'll remain constant at a constant speed. In the video I've attached im accelerating/decelerating between about 15 and 30mph. I did take it to the service centre and they couldnt find anything but I couldn't hear it on the drive over either so I think it might have just have not been too bad on that day as it does come and go. I don't think it made this sound for the first month or so of owning the car but I might have just not noticed.

Thanks for any help!

Do you happen to be preconditioning the car on the way to supercharger?

I have a gentle whine on hard acceleration, also a quieter, but expected, whine on regen deceleration, and a faint whine on gentle acceleration. But when I had preconditioning on the first time, it was significantly louder and thought something was wrong with the car.

Do you happen to be preconditioning the car on the way to supercharger?

I have a gentle whine on hard acceleration, also a quieter, but expected, whine on regen deceleration, and a faint whine on gentle acceleration. But when I had preconditioning on the first time, it was significantly louder and thought something was wrong with the car.
No, it's not preconditioning. I know the sound you mean for that and it is different. It's also different from the sound the motors make when you accelerate, if I put the power bar to the middle to coast then the noise is still there it just remains constant.