Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Right...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
c2a6f6d445da207e67e8b58617c14fc8.jpg

Well, if Mr. Musk is correct, then TMC user LineofSight will win first place. We'll see. I'll believe it when I see it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I figured he might be using some odd calendar as well. :p

I was surprised to see he says it has the autoparking in your garage feature too.

Not just here after way too long but more than just minimum features. Apparently some of the new features were tied up in the V7 code and they didn't want to back port them to 6.x

Really? Whether you're upset about the delay or not, they're clearly late! It's now certain that it's going to be greater than a year from them saying several months to general availability of most autopilot features. I think most people were expecting 3-4 months, based on Elon's comments. The end of the summer was already pushing it, even with delays. Over a year is a bit ridiculous. And still, we have no idea when it's going to be released and it looks like it still will be missing a bunch of previously announced features.

Still can't revise the October statement that AP would roll out over the next year, and that the next year ends 31 Dec 2015. When I placed my order in November, I did so with the clear understanding that AP would take a year - and sure enough, it has.

While statements made subsequent to the October event have indeed proven egregiously inaccurate, the October statement remains incontrovertibly accurate.

Last edited:
Tesla is now talking about the Autopilot in the present tense, like it is here now. The following was in a marketing e-mail from Tesla this morning for a test drive on Friday:

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:31:17 -0500 (CDT)

Tesla's award winning Model S, now with Autopilot features, is an evolution in automobile engineering.

Tesla is now talking about the Autopilot in the present tense, like it is here now. The following was in a marketing e-mail from Tesla this morning for a test drive on Friday:
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:31:17 -0500 (CDT)

Tesla's award winning Model S, now with Autopilot features, is an evolution in automobile engineering.

They've been talking about it in the present tense since last year. Have you seen teslamotors.com? :p

This article says "The autopilot features are available on all of Tesla cars, but to enable the features, customers are required to spend an additional $2,500."

That doesn't sound right at all...

I'm sure this news is all over these forums, but I'm not seeing it...

Autopilot will be released on Thursday (Oct 15th):

Tesla Motors Inc Autopilot Available October 15: Elon Musk

---------
Edit: Ok, nvm, I just went back a page on this thread. :)

This article says "The autopilot features are available on all of Tesla cars, but to enable the features, customers are required to spend an additional $2,500."

That doesn't sound right at all...

That is for the rare case of people that bought a car with physical sensors installed but didn't pay for the software. There are some out there but they know who they are.