Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Club Meet-Up For The Port St. Lucie Supercharger Ribbon Cutting 7/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of going to the ribbon cutting ceremony but I have a 60 and am coming from Miami. I will definitely have to charge up and unfortunately can't stay very long. Anyone have any idea how long a wait could be for the superchargers? I know it's not an easy question but maybe someone has attended a prior one and has some experience in seeing what type of line forms.

Have you purchased the Supercharger feature for your 60?

Our club has more than a dozen Model Ss coming. In addition, Telsa sent out invitations to 100 owners in the general area and we have no idea how many non-members are coming.

I have asked our local members to limit their charging time to what they need to get home to accommodate the members coming from a greater distance.

If you are interested in joining the club, please email me directly at [email protected] with your full name, screen name and city. You are welcome to join us at our meetup whether or not you are interested in joining.

Larry

I'll just be off to the side with my roadster happily watching you guys using all of those plugs with a side of jealousy :redface:. Something tells me I need to do some nema 14-50 hunting around the site. Who knows, maybe they put one there for us roadster owners but I doubt it and won't get my hopes up. All in all this will be an exciting day for all of us Tesloridians!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

We are all set at the TGI Friday’s after the ribbon cutting. Since the ribbon cutting starts at 10am they will be ready for us anytime after 10:30, in case it finishes quickly. The Fridays is in the same shopping area and a quick walk from the SuperChargers.

As far as charging for the roadster, there are no J1772 public charging stations in that complex. I have a HPWC for the Model S at the house and a normal wall outlet but I don’t think either one will help too much. I will ask around today if any of the local business have anything with a more power you can use. Feel free to message me directly if you need help coordinating something.

Thanks,
Scott

The PSL event was very well attended. Plenty of local tv cameras and reporters.Eight chargers there.nice to charge my car instead of just reading posts from our brothers and sisters in California and NY. I'll post some photos later.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tesla SC reps were pretty informative. I don't know if this is old news but besides speaking of the Port Orange SC it was nice to hear that they will be putting an SC in the Orlando area,

I am very glad to see the great attendance today with such short notice. It was great to spend time with the team that installed the station and the Tesla person responsible for rolling out the SuperChargers. Being a new Tesla owner, it was also great to meet other club members. I know we did not have very much notice on the event so I look forward to meeting the other members at other events.

Oh and it looks like the location for the Orlando site is in Turkey Lake.

photo.JPG

I am very glad to see the great attendance today with such short notice. It was great to spend time with the team that installed the station and the Tesla person responsible for rolling out the SuperChargers. Being a new Tesla owner, it was also great to meet other club members. I know we did not have very much notice on the event so I look forward to meeting the other members at other events.

Oh and it looks like the location for the Orlando site is in Turkey Lake.

Thanks Scott! Good news on Orlando; I started a new thread for that location over here: Supercharger-in-Orlando-(Confirmed-)