Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is political, but his message needs to be spread more to Americans and the world. He is the only one in the U.S. 2016 race that is standing up for our planet.

Give 'Em Hell, Bernie

I for one believe the message is above politics, above religion, above everything that people want to use as an excuse to prevent us from saving our own bacon.

I'd vote for a purple homosexual goat if he/she/it was going to do the right thing and get us headed down a path that might be sustainable.

To Deniers: Look at this!

I just saw a thread on this Forum where a denier was playing with the matter of EVs showing lack of respect for this Forum IMO. I got angry for this reason, so I thought to start this thread.

This is the graph showing the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere in the last 650.000 years.

10923196_874245285982636_513099267570485764_n.jpg

To Deniers: Do you still think that the Climate Change/Global Warming matter is not an issue?

You could use the same data, look farther back and conclude that the earth has not been colder relatively than it is right now.

Our problem here is that whether or not the temperature goes up the fact remains that we humans don't function all that well with co2 levels above 600 ppm. At that point we start feeling the effects of co2 poisoning, stiffness and weird smells. Somewhere around 1000-2500 ppm we become drowsy. Above 2500 ppm and long term exposure we will suffer adverse health effects. take it above 30-100.000 and we start dying.

So as a species we need the co2 in the atmosphere to be just right, and it's really not at the moment. We have only been around for the last 60 millions years or so (the primates) and the co2 level in the atmosphere has been very low at that time.

Believe me, we would not have done well in the jurassic period. So it's probably best not to poison ourselves with co2, it's such a bad way to go.

Lloyd,

And exactly during HOW many of those millions of years were humans alive on this planet?

Answer: None.

The previous graph showed the history of hundreds of THOUSANDS of years - the last few hundred thousand of which DID have humans and our hominid ancestors.

Lloyd,

And exactly during HOW many of those millions of years were humans alive on this planet?

Answer: None.

The previous graph showed the history of hundreds of THOUSANDS of years - the last few hundred thousand of which DID have humans and our hominid ancestors.

That's right but there have been other 5 extinctions in the past, one of them has been provoked from CO2 erupted by volcanoes.

@Lloyd

Don't agree. Now I understand why we are heading to the sixth extinction.

Last Hours - YouTube

You didn't know about these CO2 concentrations yesterday, but now you are expert enough to know that we are headed to a 6th extinction? You exhibit a dangerous propensity to take a few facts and create a whole future reality around them that MUST be true. Climate and the balance of nature are very complex.

You didn't know about these CO2 concentrations yesterday, but now you are expert enough to know that we are headed to a 6th extinction? You exhibit a dangerous propensity to take a few facts and create a whole future reality around them that MUST be true. Climate and the balance of nature are very complex.

You know that I really don't understand this post? I didn't know about these CO2 concentrations yesterday?
Are you kidding?

Speaking about dangerous behaviour IMO you are having a dangerous behaviour since you don't realize the gravity of the Climate Change/Global Warming issue. Luckily in the USA not everybody think like you and the US Department of Defence considers the Climate Change/Global Warming issue a threat bigger than terrorism.

So who is dangerous here me or you?

Edit: I also have a friend working for the US Department of Defence at a very high level. I spent the last two weekend with him. Do you want me to ask him if I am dangerous?

[To moderator: I have been told that I am dangerous and consider this a serious offence. Request for moderation]

Last edited:
[To moderator: I have been told that I am dangerous and consider this a serious offence. Request for moderation]

Raffy, there is a difference between saying you 'have a dangerous propensity' and calling you a dangerous person. He did not call you dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

And why was there a new thread started on this? How is this different from the other one?

Raffy, there is a difference between saying you 'have a dangerous propensity' and calling you a dangerous person. He did not call you dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

And why was there a new thread started on this? How is this different from the other one?

My first thought was that he called me a dangerous person. English is my second language and I didn't get the difference that you mentioned. Thank you for your post Bonnie. Anyway I would like to point out that it's the other way around IMO, he has a "dangerous propensity" like I explain in my previous post.

I started this new thread because I wanted to point out that the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere overtook all the limits but if you Moderators wish to place this thread in the thread on the Climate Change/Global Warming issue of course it's up to you.

Thanks for the YouTube link, Raffy.Roma .
Brilliantly done video. We've done many
dangerous experiments on ourselves (example:
plastic in the oceans means eating fish is
eating plastic) but the methane feedback
loop is going to kill us all much sooner
and faster.

Thank you. I like somebody appreciating my work because, as you can also see in this thread, I am not very much appreciated on TMC.