Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charger wand aluminum plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guys,
Over the years, I've noticed that the aluminum "Tesla" cover plate with the laser cut button to open the charge port has just about fallen off the wand.

Has anyone found a replacement for this cover and/or an adhesive that will hold the plate securely"

My charger cable has been replaced a few times ( the combination of Canadian winter and a steep asphalt driveway = car slipping down the drive). Despite the replacements, my latest wand has just about lost it's aluminum plate. Not sure if it's purely decorative, but I'd like it to be both function and attractive.

I took a quick look in the Tesla parts catalog but didn't find the cover plate as a single part - only the entire cable. I'd open a service case via the app, and ask to purchase the cable cover part. I give it a 50/50 chance they will sell you just the plate with a new adhesive pad. Service sometimes has access to parts like this that are not listed in the catalog. If they do have it, I suspect it will be under $10.

Another option is to buy some very sticky double-stick tape rated for extreme use (i.e. wide temperature range). Carefully pull off the plate and remove the existing adhesive and replace the adhesive with the double stick tape.